Boxing Thread

Beterbiev looks like he’ll finish Johnson early here

Cracking short left by Johnson to down Beterbiev there

Beterbiev stops Johnson with thirty left in the fourth. Good scrap.

Eddie Hearn says Tyson Fury is the most boring boxer he’s ever seen.

LONG BORING POST ON THR WILDER-FURY FACE-TO-FACE AND BETTING

The Wilder-Fury face-to-face was just on BT Sport and it was one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Fury is still nuts, he can’t be beaten with God on his side, but he was very sharp, seemed in good form, seemed more confident than Wilder and it was a comprehensive Fury victory. Wilder has some doubts about the fight but still believes in his power. Fury thinks he has Wilder all worked out. He is already comparing his comeback to Ali’s and Foreman’s. Fury was completely at ease with himself, says he had more comfortable upbringing than Wilder and was driving a Mercedes when he was 16. Fury doesn’t seem stupid like I was expecting. He’s on the ball but just nuts. Wilder is now slightly scared after that.

One of the things Fury said was that he weighs 18 stone but Wilder is only 15 stone. 3 stone difference is nuts if that’s true. So Fury is far bigger, and also the skill level between the two men just isn’t comparable at all. Fury is just going to “Tyson Fury” him. He says Wilder just doesn’t have the skill level to land the big hits and I’m inclined to believe him. Wilder has the big straight but Fury coped ok with Klitchko down the middle. Wilder also has the diagonal Marciano-style hook to the body which might be more dangerous but it’s probably well advertised. Fury should be able to soak up about 2 really big hits from Wilder over the course of the 12 and I think that should be enough.

Wilder is the favorite, I think Fury wins. Fury is 6/4 to win and 9/4 to win on points. American bias? American judges might be a factor of course. I’m thinking of throwing decent money down on Fury by points.

Does anyone here fancy Wilder?

1 Like

I haven’t seen his comeback fights and haven’t bothered to watch loads of wilder so this is a very uneducated view, but I can’t see Fury win. He is a big fat ring rusty man and years past his career best, and that career best is completely overblown.

It makes load of sense for him to take this fight. Lose and he will still be of interest in an all British fight against Joshua anyway. So its a shot to nothing he gets two big paydays instead of probably only one.

Fury is 30, Wilder is 32, both good ages for a heavyweight. Fury has fought twice since his come-back and looks slightly worse than before. His footwork should be far better than Wilder’s.

Fury has the body of a 40year old man he looks like shit, his voice is damaged doesn’t look anywhere where he needs to be to beat wilder. 18stone lump who won’t last 7 hard rounds.

What’s @Massey think?

Furey will be hard beat . His style is very boring but he is a clever fighter and knows how to win these fights . Not that impressed with Wilder .

About heavyweights?Not much.Frank Bruno would be a star if he was around these days.

Fury has a very interesting family history. His father is a wealthy man via unusual means, but is strangely honorable in an odd way.
Fury used to lift with the lads I lift with on a Friday night (the crowd that witnessed the motorbike debacle). They all liked him. Have some good stories. Sir Niall Quinn also lifted there.
Here’s the gym.

If @caoimhaoin was here to discover that Fury was lifting weights all along it would kill him.

He’s crazy smart/smart crazy. I.think he’s a terrible boxer but an awful matchup for Wilder here.

Unusual mean? That’s a lovely way of terming it.

Joshua definitely facing the winner of fury /wilder.

Just after watching the sit down between the two. Fury is the king of roasters. Wilder couldn’t get a word in. After watching that I hope fury ko’s him. A gas cunt.

3 Likes

Fury made complete shit of him and his alter egos.

Wilder talks an unmerciful load of shit. He tries too hard to be all philosophical, cringe merchant.

Fury is a very smart man it’s amazing how he can get inside his opponents head. Wilder was rattled . He can still win if he connects a few bombs but fury will be controlling the pace.

1 Like

BJS made some bollix of himself .