BREXIT thread

You spend every other day on here virtue signalling, then avoiding giving any opinion like a complete coward, i wasted one evening on here, you shriek away daily

Have you an opinion to offer on this or are you just googling on the clock again?

If you say so.

yes, I have an opinion; brexit will at the bare minimum knock about 3% off the irish economy. the issues with transit are huge and have yet to be solved.

Running away again? Thought so. Man up, then come back to the table with a few opinions, not the fragile bluffing you came out with yesterday. I guess that beats pretending to have an opinion, before admitting you made it up, which you did before of course

What issues, dont fall into the snowflake trap of soundbites here

How often do I have to tell you, it’s not my job to educate you and it’s not worthwhile to discuss anything serious with you.

But you attempted to discuss something yesterday, but completely tripped over yourself due to your lack of balls and inability to have an argument. Why then now pretend its not worth having a discussion. Not when you realise you are unable to do anything but regurgitate snowflake cliches

I’m not falling into any snowflake traps. ive actually been to TF50 & taxud briefings on brexit.

over 60% of irish trade transits through the UK, in the event of brexit and no deal this creates a massive issue. then theres the increased regulatory burden in respect of certain types of goods that would go from Ireland that wouldn’t have been subject to regulation before as the uk was in the EU but will now be a third country, for example pharmaceutical, vetinary and dual use goods.

then you have to look at the increase in numbers of public servants to deal with the extra regulation; between revenue and DAFM they are hiring another 1200 bodies, and other regulatory bodies and the likes of GNIB and IPAC will also need a large number of bodies, all of which is a drain on resources.

so simply put, to say brexit will have no effect on the irish economy is trite and just plain wrong.

1 Like

It’s not my fault if you can’t grasp what I said.

So again this is contingent on a worse case scenario of no deal. And ignoring the benefits that would come from multinationals relocating to ireland. Does an agreement or deal not render most of the above a non issue?

this was supposed to be the brexit bounty, hasnt exactly materialised has it?

even with a Norway plus scenario the projections are for approx. 3% to be knocked off the irish economy

Heres what you said.

Again, imagining a hard brexit, when thats not reality, and guessing at a currency fluctuation. So nothing actually concrete or informed, just a little whinge. Nothing of substance to grasp here.

Lets come back in 6 months and see what actually happens. Right now you are using guesses and projections as the definitive word, you can’t win arguments that way im afraid.

you’ve said that there will be no effect on the irish economy. there’s absolutely zip out there to back that assertion. at least ive tried to base my assumptions on factual information. youre shaking your fists at clouds

Its an opinion, i didn’t say it definitively, you are using opinions as valid as same clouds to try and claim you won the argument?

Some sectors might have initial regulatory difficulties, other will experience growth or increased business etc no way can you call it

You said brexit will not affect any irish people in any way at all. Very stupid.

As usual, you are using your ‘prove me wrong or else I am right’ argument. Also very stupid.

Good luck to you.

No i gave an opinion. On countless occasions you have shied away or refused from doing same as you are a ball-less bastard. Because if you give an opinion on anything you are open to debate and correction, as foley is giving a good lash at here. You are too limp wristed to do that. You just snipe about imagined misogyny or racism or classism or whatever cause twitter tells you you need yo get on board with to make yourself feel superior. You refuse to debate, so are worthless on a discussion board, and off it id wager

I don’t use Twitter you silly fool.

Oh right, instagram so.