Budget 2019

A construct of your imagination.

Doing what?? You said you knew what it was

There are reviews by the DSP on whether someone is applying for work but they’re a joke.

A friend of mine works in Recruitment/HR for a large firm in Limerick and they regularly have people attend for interviews who are only there as a box-ticking exercise because the DSP made them go. An utter waste of time as they’ve no interest in working.

You also have a farcical situation whereby the partner of a prisoner can claim a prisoner’s wives allowance even though the knacker in jail doesn’t have his dole cut off as it’s paid to a bank account and they have no way of knowing whether someone is in jail or not. You’d imagine the bird claiming the allowance might give them a clue.

1 Like

Landlords to get billions in tax breaks and more money and cheap land to be sold to developers. This will end well, I can tell.

Where did I say that? In any event I already told you. You can answer both questions by reading back, I’m not repeating myself to you again.

We know why. You’ve backed yourself in a corner.

3 Likes

It’s no surprise to see the influx of stories in the media of an ethic minority refusing housing while in the middle of a housing crisis, all the while there’s no strategy to resolve the housing crisis.

It’s despicable

2 Likes

Normal people like having sex you oddball.

Caught in an inescapable trap set by the collective brainpower of @maroonandshite and Hoppy rabbit :smiley:

:rofl: no you didn’t tell me! Ive asked you about four times after you said you were in the know and you informed answer was

Ah yes. Something.

1 Like

Strange comment.

I did answer. Read back. It’s there.

Ok.

In future don’t make statements you cant back up. I know its important for you to try and feel superior to others to feel better about yourself, but you’ll have to back your arguments up, or face being exposed like you were tonight. Do i need to bring up the terrorism thread from a few years back. How you didn’t rebrand then I’ll never know.

2 Likes

I sure if we were to dig you would find mass graves of skeletons in cupboards on a mess the whole system is.

Above your pay grade anyway.

Quote it for me there, where you answered what the government were doing to incentivise the jobless to get jobs. You said you knew.

What aren’t they doing that they should be doing, in your opinion?

Cut the dole?

They should do two things, primarily make working more valuable than not. Raise the minimum wage slightly, cut the usc, raise the tax free allowance.

Then (this can actually fund the former) reform the dole away from a cash payment. Vouchers for groceries, utility bills, bus passes, gym memberships etc. So for example 150+ of the dole payment is comprised of these. Tender out the vouchers and where possible retailers can discount the vouchers to get the business. Provide a minor cash payment per week as people are entitled some disposable income, but not enough that working is pointless for them.

I wouldn’t cut amounts, no one should experience hardship. But also purely discretionary expenditure, ie holidays, gambling, sky boxes should not be funded by the government. If you want them, work will pay them, plus the value of earning it will make people happier, and feel part of society, and want to contribute as they will have an active interest in where their taxes are going. if that work is part time, dole can contribute proportionally.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough and you’ve clearly thought about it, which is to be commended.

A lot of what you say has validity. I think a refocus away from welfare and onto actual problems first would go a long way to mitigating welfare issues.

Decentralisation, social housing, working educational, health and public sectors. Childcare, de-regulation of certain private sectors etc.

We need to fix these issues first

Absolutely, but they are huge issues and won’t be quickly fixed, and although it might be minor in the overall scheme of things, reform of wefare would at least reassure working people that the government is doing something to lower the welfare burden ie where their taxes are going from their increasingly stretched take home.

There should be social housing, but as almost always, the left in ireland has produced a lot of noise but no key strategy. Social change needs to be managed, a few key, achievable targets set out and the government pressurised through peaceful protest to enacting them.

Just protesting for the sake of it is pointless, the government says nothing in reply, the anger dissipates and nothing changes. Ms Cash should never be let near a microphone or camera. I hope she gets taken care of in some way,but every rant she goes on easily divides people.

The government has to do something about housing, but it has to be remembered theres a huge silent majority who work chronic hours to pay big mortgages, and who can’t be slapped in the face by throwing out free housing. Especially to people who arent actually homeless! You have to keep the squeezed middle as it were onside to support building social housing, reforming welfare can do this. Theres no downside to it.