Budget 2019

Youā€™re being hysterical again, see if your parents will change your pants and give you a wash.

Thereā€™s jobs there if they want to work.

Thatā€™s unfair. Sometimes he spends his weekends at music festivals in Bilbao posting on TFK.

Not everyoneā€™s father owns a macaris mate

Papa worked in the construction industry.

Mama was the traditional housewife.

So your mum was on the dole, thatā€™s where your culture of entitlement comes from.

1 Like

Nope.

My mama ran the household.

How did your old man get on when the buildings were slow?

No one should be homeless (actually homeless), undernourished, without health care. Regardless of willingness to work. There is a basic standard of care the government owes i think. But there needs to be a political will to see the benefit to work and policy to direct people towards that. Theres a few hamfisted efforts, job bridge etc but not enough.

The issue with the social contract is that people have their rights, but fail to see that comes with obligations to be part of it, and most importantly raise kids with a few basic values. But thats a different rabbit hole.

We got by, he was a grafter. He went to England working for a while and sent back money at various stages.

Itā€™s worse than that.

Dublin City Council for example, have a Succession of Tenancy rule which allows adult children of deceased parents to take on the home.

A significant number of inner homes in prime locations have this going on. Plenty work no doubt, but plenty do not. While all the rats working and paying taxes commute to the outskirts of the city just remember that.

What a just society.

And before the social justice crew here hit out, I am hugely in favour of high inheritance tax.

Why? Are they morons? Why are they all working if they have no inventive to work, nor need one?

This statement is loaded with presumption. They have the same incentives that everyone else do. Why do you presume the motivations for every person on the dole are the same? Why do you presume incentive is the only factor at play when someone is out of work? Thatā€™s a dumb presumption.

Where did I say this?

Irrelevant to the point.

:point_up_2:

1 Like

What would you do with ā€œthe junkiesā€? And the ā€œlads who wouldnā€™t work to warm themselvesā€?

Cut their dole.

Hereā€™s where you said this.

Why would people with a job, need an incentive to find a jobā€¦

I said none of this, you pretended i did as you refuse to answer the inital question. You are now pretending you never even pretended you had an answer.

Where did I say I knew what they are? Run back through all my posts there now as quick as you can. Hop!

Iā€™ve put it above.

Youā€™re chasing your own tail here.

In the post he copied, just above thereā€¦