Buying a daycent Suit

[quote=“Bandage, post: 443397”]I’m down to two suits at the moment - one with a frayed balls and the other with a hole in the balls. I’m broke at the moment though due to holidays and other things so I’ll be wearing black briefs every day for the foreseeable future.
[/quote]

I now have a hole in the balls of both my suit trousers so I’m going to have to buy a new suit during the week. I fucking hate shopping for suits. :guns:

Bandage, might be an idea to see if you can hold out until Clarkeys back from his business trip, I’m sure he’d be willing to help you buy a daycent suit with the minimum of fuss.

Thraw :o :lol:

I was at my mates wedding a few weeks ago where one of his smeary italian mates gave him a box of chocolates.

Not even of the italian variety. It amazes me the tightness of some people.

Recently purchased a pocket square which I am very pleased with, won’t be wearing it every day but will produce it occasionally.

Also bought a set of shirts (8 in total), all with French cuffs. The set I am retiring were approximately 40% French cuff, 60% button cuff. The times they are a changing.

they are when accountants are talking about expensive suits and shirts…whatever happened to the stereotypical boring accountant and his grey suit ??.. :lol: no wonder the profession has taken a beating in the last few years with all these flash harrys about…

I was at an afters during the Summer and only gave €50. Felt shitty but fuck it it was the day before payday and I was completely skint and it was an afters.

Bought a suit yday for €139…not too nasty, Marco Cappelli fare, reduced from €299. Sounds Italian at least… I hate wasting money on suits. Had unwittingly sent two suits to the dry cleaners then remembered I’d a meeting this morning so I had to buy a new suit pronto.

Mate, you’re out of touch. Thanks to Mad Men light grey suits are all the rage these days. I was out for a few post work drinks last night and I was stopped on the street by black gentleman who wanted to tell me my light grey suit was sharp. That’s about as high a compliment one can hope for, those guys know their threads.

BT, I imagine you look extremely sharp in your new light grey suit. I don’t mean to be offensive but I was having a lie down in Clarkey’s bed earlier (he’s away on holiday) and there’s a picture of you on his photo montage wall taken a few years back. You were looking fairly good but you’ve really upped your fashion game since going back home to America.

I bought a new suit for the PROC UP tomorrow evening. I’m very pleased with it

Chaps, I plan on utilising the services of a different tailor. I have a few decent work suits - nothing too flash but they do the job. I now want to purchase a smart and possibly more expensive suit for occasions such as weddings. My questions: does Louis Copeland provide decent suits and service or does he have an unwarranted media reputation? If it’s the latter, where would you recommend for purchasing a quality suit?

Bandage,

I have never bought a Louis Copeland suit but at one stage I was considering it. I mentioned it to a family member who warned me off as she knew someone who paid a pretty penny for a suit from Louis and it looked horrible.

I go to Best and Magee for my suits - may not be pretty but by God it’s honest.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 769296, member: 24”]Bandage,

I have never bought a Louis Copeland suit but at one stage I was considering it. I mentioned it to a family member who warned me off as she knew someone who paid a pretty penny for a suit from Louis and it looked horrible.

I go to Best and Magee for my suits - may not be pretty but by God it’s honest.[/quote]

Thanks farmerinthecity.

Not a fan of Best myself and had an unfortunate incident with the balls of a Magee suit trousers tearing on the second or third wearing before.

I’d appreciate the opinion of Fagan ODowd on this matter.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 769322, member: 9”]Thanks farmerinthecity.

Not a fan of Best myself and had an unfortunate incident with the balls of a Magee suit trousers tearing on the second or third wearing before.

I’d appreciate the opinion of Fagan ODowd on this matter.[/quote]

I bought a Louis Copeland suit just the once. It was the most expensive item of clothing I ever bought and I quickly came to the conclusion that it offered very poor value for money and I grew to hate the suit and Louis Copeland. I never set foot in the place again.

What you should do Bandage is get measured for a suit in one of the chain tailors like Charles Tyrwhitts in London the next time you are over and buy the suits online.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 769296, member: 24”]Bandage,

I go to Best and Magee for my suits - may not be pretty but by God it’s honest.[/quote]

Ffs sake. For obvious reasons.

I’d recommend Louis Copeland. If you’re considering this suit for an upcoming wedding, say this Friday, you might consider popping into the one on Pembroke Street tomorrow.

Thanks Fagan ODowd.

[quote=“Appendage, post: 769341, member: 11”]Ffs sake. For obvious reasons.

I’d recommend Louis Copeland. If you’re considering this suit for an upcoming wedding, say this Friday, you might consider popping into the one on Pembroke Street tomorrow.[/quote]

What about the one on Wicklow Street?

Do you really think I could simply purchase a suit tomorrow and expect it to fit perfectly and not have to be altered?

Come on, pal.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 769350, member: 9”]What about the one on Wicklow Street?

Do you really think I could simply purchase a suit tomorrow and expect it to fit perfectly and not have to be altered?

Come on, pal.[/quote]

Try baumler on dawson st bandage

[quote=“Bandage, post: 769350, member: 9”]What about the one on Wicklow Street?

Come on, pal.[/quote]

Bando, I bought a French Navy suit off Louis from his Capel St establishment on Christmas Eve. Himself and his team in there are top class. Went in at 10am and picked out a suit. They then measured up the alterations to fit perfectly and I was able to pick it up at 4pm for no extra charge. Also got 2oo yo yo knocked off as sale had begun. I only wear the suit for weddings or important meetings and it always gets compliments.

Buy Irish. Buy Louis.

Thanks Spidey.

I had an awful cuntish experience with Magee before. They plain lied to me on a number of different occasions.