Called for jury duty

Chalk it down.

I’m sure when they hear your incomprehensible Nogra brogue they won’t be long sending you on your way.

Will it be yourself or another cat burglar in the dock?

No comment.

1 Like

@Chucks_Nwoko I’ve been called for Jury Duty. Start new job Oct 3rd, jury Oct 11th. For fucks sake. How do I get out of this?

Letter from your employer is the only job mate.

He’ll have to outline why your work on this particular printer toner job is critical to the company, and the untold (CC @buffegan) that would be caused by your absence.

I just let them know and they seem to be cool with it and appreciative that I told them as early as possible. If I do have to do it, I hope to fuck it’s a juicy one. I will of course endeavour to post all the gory details here and if possible a poll for TFK to decide the guilt of the dirty bastard. I will undertake to be bound by the TFK poll result in my deliberations.

Yeah,chances are you won’t even be selected. I think they send out about 200 nominations to attend the selection process. You may not even make it past the waiting room if you’re excluded on the basis of your age/sex/ethnicity.

In any event, I don’t see an aggressive, 1-eyed militarist from Bunclody being nominated. You’d probably represent too much of a wildcard on both sides of the ball.

5 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably right. I wouldn’t really represent a knuckle dragging, racist, mysoginistic Australian male.

They’ll screen you out quickly

Justice is supposed to be blind, and @Fitzy is halfway there. They’ll pick him.

6 Likes

The jury was excused for the trial after, some plea bargaining or some such. So I dodged that bullet.
And lo what arrives in the post yesterday? Ffs

Mrs Nwoko dodged one. Called again the following week. Excused for a second time. 2 weeks later, she got a third letter in the post.

They smell blood mate, they won’t stop until you’re snared.

For the fourth time in a row, I’m called for jury duty tomorrow. I’ll call them this afternoon, I’ll be told it’s been cancelled. I think they take you off the list after the fifth time you’re called and nothing happens. I hope so, because this is very tedious. I have a tonne of client meetings this week and have had to tell them I may have to do jury duty so may have to cancel.

Like everything involving you I suspect

Is there some kind of syestm for calling people? I’ve never been called

Yeah, they avoid simpletons

11 Likes

Clergy can be excused here for being clergy. Ffs, they don’t pay their taxes, theu tell us how to live oir loives and fuck up society with their fairytales and now they get off jury duty. Cunts.

That’s not explaining @Fitzy

Fucked if I know mate, I’m sure there’s some algorithm working off the electoral roll.