Calling Carryharry

If you like wasting money then it’s the motor for you. Absolute piece of shit, worthless second hand.

2 Likes

Why do you need a people carrier if you’ve only 2 lad.Buy a big car like a Superb.

3 Likes

Don’t buy Renualts don’t buy Opels.

1 Like

Don’t need a people carrier. Although I wouldn’t mind another kid or two. The lad in the garrison knows we need a new car and has this if we want it.

Another kid would be less stress than the Zafira

6 Likes

But why would you want it if you’ve only 2 kids?

He must have confided in the lad in the garage that he wants more kids or maybe a ‘build it and they will come’ approach with the Mrs?

Its already been alluded to, but for the love of god dont touch an opel, especially a Zafira.

I don’t want it. There’s a car going cheap and I need a new car. Space for bikes etc would be great but it doesn’t matter hugely.

I think I’d buy nearly anything over an Opel.

They are the ultimate disposable white good product.

Sounds like you are not spending a lot anyway if you are looking at something that holds a new engine up as a selling point?

Or do you want a new car?

There are far greater stumbling blocks to enlarging the family than our current car. Chiefly the little lad we have.

1 Like

Are you really saying demonic facial contortions like this haven’t persuaded you?

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to be buying a Zafira.

Getting a vasectomy would be less hassle

Need a new car. As in second hand but new to us.

I have to laugh at some of this commentary.

I bought a 2008 opel astra for a song 4 years ago (just over 5k EUR) with 250,000 km on the clock. The alternator went twice since which was 140 euro to fix each time.

Otherwise, I have driven the hole out of the same car, pulled trailers, brought her down badly surfaced boreens with junior bovines for company.

I could get 2500 for same car on donedeal today.

Good on you. I wouldn’t touch the pieces of shit. I’m glad you’ve gotten good use out of it though. Given their stance in the car manufacturers world they must be doing something right, but I wouldn’t ever buy one.

1 Like

Im the same as you KP, bought a vectra in omagh 6 years ago, dragging mixers and blocks sand gravel calves sheep all over the place since, apart from servicing the alternator is the only thing ever to go on it.Got 400 for scrap last week off a polish lad for it.

I’ll keep driving it till the engine seizes. One ‘good’ car is enough to have in any family.

It does lead to the odd awkward look from certain folk. I carried a Senior VP from Dallas to a hurling game in it last summer. I distinctly remember him checking his slacks for stains as he reentered the hotel lobby when the day was done.

6 Likes

At least it’s paid for mate.

1 Like

Would a Zafira try and eat my mam’s cancer medication, get bitten by a dog and total one of the dining room chairs in a single weekend while also refusing to sleep through the night?

2 Likes