Calling Carryharry

Probably if it caught fire in the garage

6 Likes

Blood spatter?

1 Like

I’d be of the same mind with cars. Just I’m not gone on Opels. More from a comfort perspective than anything else. Reliability, they’re grand. Not great, but ok. The Zafiras go on fire because there’s a spurious resistor for the fan control that gives gip. There was a 1.6 one that gave head gasket trouble, but the diesel is fine. They’re all just dull. Not too easy to work on either.

I’d happily buy second hand French cars that dealers would call shite and worthless. Generally these things have minor enough niggles that drive people nuts. Simple fixes out there. Or have things like DPFs that can cause grief if you don’t know what you’re doing. They are usually very comfortable cars though.

Awkward looks. Lots of millionaires tip around in cars like that Astra KP. Getting harder to insure older cars though.

2 Likes

Getting harder to insure older cars though.
[/quote]

Tell me about it. The wife has a 08 foCus. Comprehensive was handy enough averaging out at about 500 a year up to this year.
Cunts wanted 1100 just for TPFT this year.
Eventually got it for 700 somewhere else

1 Like

KP is a millionaire, you just wouldn’t know it to look at him. Same with @Massey

2 Likes

He’s a millionaire. Not just in monetary terms either

4 Likes

I had an Opel Kadett back in the day. 961 GZI. Grand car. Never gave me a minutes trouble.

1 Like

You couldn’t have a kadett in Galway back.in the day. They used them on the fas course basic training ergo every knacker within a hundred miles could hotwire them.
This meant you’d often end up traipsing around looking for your car. Found it one night on its roof in south Park. Tipped it the right way and off it went.

4 Likes

Brother in law had one of these back in the day.

6 times the fucking thing was stolen

1 Like

That’s a fantastic post

1 Like

Maybe they didn’t like Opels either?

Must not have because every time he got it back there was fuck all damage apart from the hot wiring or however the fuck they used to start them

1 Like

Mine was never stolen. Had the mother and father of a steering wheel lock and a big padlock and chain to deter joyriders.

1 Like

With a flat nail.

That makes sense. Would a screwdriver do the same job?

All the gardai would ever ask was how much petrol was in it.

Exact model,but red, and no aerofoil.

Any views on the new Skoda SUV @carryharry?

Did the dash look something like the above. They were fucking space age for their time

Its a lovely looking machine but hard to justify the price.

You’d have a lovely low mileage, 131 Outlander in from the UK for well under 20k all in.