Calling Carryharry

I had a five door version of this baby.

2 Likes

My old lad had that car, it was probably red but closer to pink by the time he got hold of it. 850 CPI.
Pretty sure it was the car that we drove home in with the double secured in 1990.

2 Likes

Aye mine faded quite a bit in the excessively sunny days of yesteryear.

1 Like

:ronnyroar::dembele:

A memory only a few of us on here will have pal.

1 Like

:flushed:

2 Likes

That was the GTE, i much preferred the SRI

Haven’t driven it yet. Like the look of it but it’s just not comfortable inside IMO. 7 seats all offer ample room, with rear seats down you have a good size boot space.
I asked was the platform similar to the VW Touareg but was told it was a new Skoda design.

Must drive one and see how it goes.

1 Like

Cheers Harry

Have you given the tyres a kick?

Steering wheel lock would have been worth more than the car.

1 Like

@carryharry

Having problems with a 09 Golf. (some bullet points, I’m no expert)

Engine ok, steering ok, gearbox ok, mechanic says the clutch is ok, but the car won’t move forward.
Stopped after going over a ramp.

Mechanic says 2,3 or 400 euros to get right. Something between the gearbox and drive shaft.
Says might cost another 3-400 if he has to take out the gearbox.

Does that sound OK or a load of bull?

Thanks for your help again.

On the basis of the effort you have made at describing the issue with the car id suggest a 400 fleecing is a cheap lesson :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No offence pal

This is actually a common problem with Golfs of that vintage. There’s a trick you can try. Down beside the gear stick there’s a lever, probably with a button on top of it. Try pressing the button and letting down the lever. See if the car will go forward then.

10 Likes

You’re wasted in IT

1 Like

Did he mention drive shaft?

Yea, as mentioned in my post above, but its the flexibility/added cost of removing the gearbox that I’m worried about. He either doesn’t know Golfs or is trying to rip us off.

Tbf it depends on which side of the drive shaft is damaged.

500 +VAT for shaft, CV Joint and labour.

He said it was put in wrong the last time.

He’s shafting you, mate.

Put in wrong :grinning: