Calling Carryharry

Ford Galaxy, VW Sharan or Seat Alahambra.

Far more expensive than the Citroen, Renault or Opel type models but a no brainer IMO if you want decent build quality, good safety features, decent space between rear of car/SUV & rear seats & finally residual value.

If the People Carrier route doesn’t suit, you really need to start looking at Jeeps with 7 seats but again Price & Fuel Economy are killers in that segment.

2 Likes

Cheers.

I’m not sure that we even need something that big yet to be honest and we had been thinking about the Kia Sportage as well. Should I stay away from one of those?

Might be time for you to get the aul snip snip :scissors:

One way of avoiding having to drive around in one of those ugly machines

. In the exact same circumstances. Bought aFord S max. Lovely car

After my recent escapade, I will never change from Ford again.

1 Like

I rented a Ford big people carrier yoke in florida. Wouldn’t overtake a jogger, but an absolute jammer of a car. Not sure what it was.

Ok @carryharry, I’ve settled on a Santa Fe and have 2 options:

Both 2wd comfort versions, similar price, similar spec, both under warranty for 2 more years

No. 1 - 142, 34k miles, leather seats

No. 2 - 141, 20k miles

Slightly concerned that the 141 doesn’t have enough miles for a diesel and hence possible filter problems (is this covered under the warranty?).

Thoughts please?

I’m presuming they are both UK Imports?

DPF filter shouldn’t be a problem once you give it a good run once a month.

Mileage on both sound small.

Cheers Harry, not imports, I just converted to miles as that’s what I’m used to

Convert back to kms please

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards the 141 with my only concern being the low mileage.

There’s finance outstanding on it but the garage have advised that’ll be sorted before the sale, presume this is standard enough

Approx. 54k and 32k for our continental friends

1 Like

@carryharry why has that tractor thread not been banned yet?

There is a separate TFK Farm Machinery thread which I can bump if you like?

The TFK farming thread is more of an open thread pertaining anything from dosing cattle to making hay. TFK needs that thread.

A car dealer retailing a motor with Finance still outstanding on it? :thinking::thinking:

That’s not ideal @Fran

2 Likes

@carryharry aircon sensor gone in my car. Dealership gougers want to charge me €320 to replace. I need to drop into Advance Pitstop for 2 new tyres and new brake pads. Would they have any sensors there or would you have to go through a dealership for them? Had a look on Mick’s garage but couldn’t see anything.

@carryharry I’ve to replace the turbo in my car. FML.

There’s a guy in limerick refurbishing them. Costs only a few hundred.

Ya I’m getting a reconditioned one.

4 Likes