Calling Carryharry

Jesus Fran

You’d want to get that sorted before you give them a bob.

You’ve nothing to complain about so. That would have been 1500 quid a few years ago.

Ah I know that alright, they said they’ll have it sorted but I’ll be looking for confirmation from the bank

Don’t leave me hanging @carryharry.

Send me a PM with more info, mate. Soz for the late reply.

No worries, brah. PM sent.

NO!

Why not?

It’s either a repossessed motor or they’re moving it on for a client. Normally a dealer will try & buy the car off a client so they can add on a margin. Just sounds odd.

2 Likes

It’s v odd. Say you walked in with cash tomorrow to buy it. You would Probably need to wait a week to get the bank cleared or do they need your cash to clear it even. I’d run a mile anyway.

If it was repossessed I’d imagine the bank would be selling clear of this problem mind you

Right @carryharry fine sir. We’ve an old yaris out the front year 2000. It just failed its nct on one thing (a brake pipe which would apparently cost 150 to replace. The engine is very good and has never given an ounce of trouble. There is a dent in the bumper and a shitty rosmini gals sticker on it.
Should I replace the part, pass the nct and put it on carzone for a few hundred quid in the hope that it will sell or should I ring some cash for cars Travellers type to come out, offer me 50 quid and then take it away.?

€150 sounds steep to repair the brake pipe. I can sort you out with someone to fix it cheaper than that, pal.

Probably worth €750 - €900 on donedeal to sell with New NCT test on it.

2 Likes

Tà. Forgot to say the passenger door lock is fucked from when someone tried to break into it. There seems to be a tonne of those cars on carzone. Are they harder to sè because they’re older and are harder to insure.

You just need to “forget to say” a load of stuff on the donedeal advert also.
Job’s oxo.

4 Likes

Believe it or not with cars of that age on Donedeal, the proximity of the car to the potential buyers along with Price would be key factors.
Yaris have a great name as a good starter car so you will have no issue selling it.

I’ll PM contact & number for my mate to fix brake pipe if you want.

3 Likes

Harry, buddy.
A Mazda 6. 2.2L. Are they any good. I’m bored and may or may not buy one between now and Christmas. They seem to be going for handy enough money up the north.
I’ll thinking 2013/2014.

Have been quoted €180 for a new battery and fitted. Seems steep to me

Could you not put it in yourself?

Paid 90 last week for mondeo and 20 to fit.

Extortionate .