Calling Carryharry

@carryharry @habanerocat or anyone else knowledgeable.
I left the Jag not started for the last three months or so. I think the battery was on the way out anyway, but it looks newish.
The car is completely dead, unresponsive to a jump pack, and I’ve just plugged in a trickle charger (I know, I know) which is just flashing battery error.
Could a rock dead battery do this, or must it be something else?

This often happens with the 35. I’d say give the terminals a scrub with a wire brush…then follow your with a wiggle and a tap from a hammer.
That’ll do it

3 Likes

Terminals are pristine. As I’m sure you know, the battery is in the boot but I’ll give them a wiggle anyhow. Thanks.

Check for chewed up wiring, you may have furry lodgers

2 Likes

Fright of my life one morning. Checking what in the fuck was wrong under the bonnet, reach down inside to find first half of a rat struck in the timing belt.

2 Likes

Cc @carryharry. Damaged inside wall of front driver side tyre. Bubble had formed. Blessed not to have had a blow out on the motorway and thank fuck I took the slow road back. :pray::pray:

3 Likes

How did you get on in Belfast fagan, apart from buggering up your tyre trying to park on the footpath?

Fucking hell. Do the lotto

Did you place a wrench across the terminals…just to see if there’s life in the battery? Mightn’t be a bad idea to disconnect it first…

I did. The tyre not bursting was my bit of luck.

Going up on Sunday.

On the front aswell, when they go it’s never good

I don’t know much about cars but if the jump pack in known good, then it’s not the battery. I’ll put my money on the starter. Sounds like time to get a mechanic.

As you well know @carryharry there’s no vermin in Didsbury.

8 Likes

Luck always comes in threes. So there’s hope yet.

Who did you buy it off of @flattythehurdler

1 Like

Johnny Briggs :clap::clap:

Generally if a starter is seized it will click. Could be a fucked alternator too

1 Like

The Corrigan Park escapade is really just an excuse to go to lakeland?

Could be the flux capacitor?