Calling carryharry

If i was spending my money on a SUV that gives you decent space in the rear seat for added extras, a more than adequate boot and drives like a sporty hatchback as opposed to a Farmers Jeep. I would go for the Honda CRV… :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Build quality : 5 stars
Reliability : 5 stars
Resale value : 5 stars
Looks : 4 stars
Performance : 5 stars

[ATTACH=full]3128[/ATTACH]

Sold, what about my trade in

I’ll get a trade buyer for you if you want, but in Dublin most dealers will give a fair price for it. Down the country, dealers will be windy of a 1.8lt Petrol.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1156480, member: 1517”]If i was spending my money on a SUV that gives you decent space in the rear seat for added extras, a more than adequate boot and drives like a sporty hatchback as opposed to a Farmers Jeep. I would go for the Honda CRV… :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Build quality : 5 stars
Reliability : 5 stars
Resale value : 5 stars
Looks : 4 stars
Performance : 5 stars

[ATTACH=full]3128[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:clap:

I’ll have a look into it and get back to you if it’s a flyer. Cheers

@carryharry

I’m going to upgrade my Volvo S40, a car which has given me tremendous service over the years. I’m disappointed they have continued this line and replaced it with the V40, which is a nice car but I’m not in the market for a hatchback.

Going looking at a 2012 Volvo S40 today and also a 2012 Volvo S60. A lot of the S40 diesel models seem to be 1.6L models, my previous one would have been a 2L. Would there be much of a noticeable drop in terms of power, particularly overtaking in this downgrade? Also The Border Bull was telling me a 1.6L should not be pulling a car of such size (I’m bringing him along today to enlist in tyre kicking and intimidation after I was jewed out by a letting agent last time round). Is he right in saying that?

I’m veering towards the S60 at the minute, it’s a 2L model. It’s also a proddy garage I’m visiting, hoping to meet a money hungry young salesman rather a staunch old orange prick who will make negotiations challenging.

Failing that I might look into an Infiniti Q50 but I have strong brand attachment with Volvo.

1 Like

Bumped

My wife has a v60 1.6. It’s a grand drive really. It’ll do 100 mph handy enough , and is much more powerful than you’d imagine.

Had an S60 before. A nice car.

It is that, a nice alternative to the masses of Passats out there.

Passat highline is a nice car

Sure is, an S60 is probably a nicer car to drive in my limited experience of one but I don’t know what its like to run cost wise. The 2L D in the Volvo is a peach of an engine and is ~165 bhp odd standard

I think the 1.6 diesel engine in this car is manufactured by Ford/Peugeot. I had a focus the same engine and it probably cost me 3k in twice replacing injectors. I’d never touch a car with a 1.6 diesel again.

2 Likes

@Nembo_Kid

Steer clear of a 1.6l & go for an S60 2.0l.

4 Likes

Harry looking to buy a van for tipping around,5/6 grand Mar
Any suggestions?

I suggest taking that 5 grand and putting it on your own golf selections. Bish bash bosh you’ll be tipping around in a brand new Mercedes

1 Like

Already tipping around in one of those skip…

Just want something for picking up bits and pieces.used to have a focus van for this…maybe something bigger this time maybe!

Berlingo, pal.

Just make sure & get the 2.0l version if pre 08 or the 110bhp 1.6l in newer models. The basic 1.6l 90bhp version are weak as piss to drive.

2 Likes

@carryharry

I viewed a nice S60 last weekend, everything seems fine but it has a hitch which makes the car look extremely ugly. Is there much involved to removing the hitch, would you reckon the garage would make much of a song and dance about removing it and will it look like a standard non-hitch vehicle when it is removed?

Send me on a link if its on a website, pal.

Regards the hitch, leave it there. If some dope reverses into your car then the hitch will fuck up his bumper, not yours.

4 Likes