Camping, the Outdoors and So On

Carrauntoohil done.
Up the Devils Ladder and down the Zig Zags, the climbing bit is good but fuckin hell I hate the path back out.

I’m going to murder a pint of guinness.

10 Likes

It’s like a never ending walk. Did you get the weather for a good view?

Why exactly? Just the length?

Ya was decent, bit of cloud rolled in while we were up there, but we got a bit of a clearing for a few minutes. We didn’t spend long on top as it was cold enough.

@ironmoth it’s the fact, you’ve come back down, your climb is done but you still have 3km of rough track back out.

2 Likes

Tis cauld as fuck up there. The realisation of how much you still have to go when you get to the top of the ladder is a close second to that walk out. I know of a fella who goes up it nearly once a week. Not sure how or why you’d do it but that his thing I guess.

The loop along the ridge from Caher looks epic, not sure I’d have the nerve for it.

It’s a doddle. Nicer than the ladder.

1 Like

I went up the ladder once and the weather changed out of nowhere, when we got to the top of it we were nearly blown off. Couldn’t even stand up straight, had to make our way back down, quickly and carefully. You’d see how lads can get into trouble up there out of nowhere.

Anyone any tips for a campsite that might not be completely booked out now for a couple of nights during the last week in July?

The wan four miles outside Adare. A lovely spot I’d say. A small drive to Neville’s.

@TreatyStones I’d half know the owners of this place. They’re A1.

Anyone I’ve ever met thats stayed there always go back.

1 Like

You bought the Sante Fe :heart_eyes:

That was a long time ago now Harry, I’ve the finance paid off next month actually

Go same again in Hybrid?

Hi lads, I am going to buy a bicycle, buy a tent and a sleeping bag and cycle from Mizen Head to Malin Head in the middle of July, probably the week starting the 10th. I haven’t a single Airbnb or campsite booked because I don’t know how far I’ll be able to cycle each day. I’ve never done a big cycle before. I also haven’t cycled anywhere in years because my bike got stolen.

Please tell me this is a great idea and that I’ll be able to do it. I reckon I’ll just camp on roadsides and random fields.

8 Likes

It’s a great idea.
I’d love to do it, except for the cycling bit.

You should be able to pick up a room in a b&b handy enough

2 Likes

You’ll have @KinvarasPassion chasing after you with a pitchfork for agitating the animals.

Not yet, I’m going to buy something hybrid for myself, probably the 5 series I mentioned in the other thread. Let herself hold on to the 7 seater

There’ll be some bang off you after day 3.

You’re a mad cunt @Tank . Would you not no Malin to Mizen? You’ll be bolloxed going uphill.

4 Likes