Camping, the Outdoors and So On

Come in @Tank come in….

1 Like

Are you on your own on this expedition?

Sure he can’t charge his mobile.

1 Like

I seen your tent :laughing:

1 Like

80km per day would be a more sensible target for that kind of distance in one continuous attempt. At least that’s what fit cyclists on the Camino in northern Spain target.

Take it easier or you’ll get injured or burn yourself out.

1 Like

Well done so far by the way.

Look it sure, he died doing what he loved.
Shitting in lakes.

12 Likes

Why would a grown man do that?

Some tribe in Doorus nabbed him and will ate him in the morning

@tank check in scan

I’d say he didn’t make it past Crusheen. He’s trussed up like a bainbh as we speak.

1 Like

How has that not been commented on more. He’s giving Sid a run for his money

1 Like

Thank you for your concern lads. Signing in from a bnb outside Oranmore called Hill View or something like that.

I took @Julio_Geordio 's excellent advice and forgot about Ennis ’ went from Killmer to Coolclare to Quiltey…

… to Spanish Point to Lahich for a swim and dinner (too crowded, too hot, not enough outdoor seating.

That was all a dream, what happened afterwards was a nightmare. Spent about 3 or 4 hours going through the muddle of nowhere, north Clare Burren, some place called Burren Rock or some nonsense, not even a place. Grass in the middle of the road, etc. Dark night, hit sunny day of the soul. Kinvara was a lovely spot though, I was in bits in every way you could be reaching it but recuperated quickly enough and ploughed on for a few cheeky extra kilometres until it was pitch black and then I just jumped into a random bnb about 30 minutes ago.

Nogra is lovely, all its supposed to be. North Clare needs to float off like Craggy Island.

Tomorrow supposed to end in Wesport but reallybthe plan is to get picked up by a lady friend holidaying in Achill so maybe I could convince her to extend her journey slightly and I wouldn’t have to cycle all the way.

I was only going to check in every 2 days for fear of attention seeking but thanks for asking.

17 Likes

Great stuff mate. Keep it going!

Fair fucks to ya!

1 Like

The jocks must be absolutely saturated.

2 Likes

No I didn’t get there till after 8 at least

2 Likes

By way of update this is going fine.

Successfully hit Westport for 7:30 pm the evening after arriving in Oranmore, despite starting the day with a flat tyre that I had to take a detour into Galway City to get fixed.

Galway is a very civilised place, by far the most civilised on the West Coast. After Clare the roads were flat and wide like a dream. Mayo grand too until that big nasty cunt of a hill outside Westport. That was a heartbreaker.

Mayo is twee as fuck, I had no idea the south of it was so flat. The drivers there are far wider than the Munster men.

My friend said she was staying in an Airbnb in Westport but it turned out to be over an hour away, up north past achill so she gave me a lift. Stayed with her then the next morning she gave me a lift onto Ballina, where I discovered the back wheel was punctured again and it was 3:30 before I got it properly fixed.

Spend the day cycling the beautiful South Sligo coastline, which was great.

Arrived in Colloney outside Sligo for about 10pm…

… to stay with my cousin, who was slightly mad in that she made me wear a mask inside but also very lovely.

Today so far I’ve made it to Bundoran…

Where I am currently eating a burger, veg and sweet potatoes fries. I gave a nice reading of The Fisherman and In Memory of WB Yeats in Drumcliff if I may say so myself.

Thanks for asking

14 Likes

What more could you want

14 Likes

Where dat?

Cahersiveen

2 Likes

Smashing. What kind of a tent did you buy