Camping, the Outdoors and So On

The fun police have arrived

8 Likes

Relax , It’s a bit of fun.

1 Like

No, no, no. You don’t get this at all. He has a white knuckle grip on the gear stick as he heads West… The rear view mirror is tilted high to deflect the glum faces of the kids, his elbow is tucked low to protect incoming digs from the left and the radio is off. Total failure and homeward bound.

10 Likes

We’re all playing a part

1 Like

Fair point .

I was on tender hooks waiting for him to arrive once the klaxon sounded.

1 Like

Ah, we’ve all been that soldier.

See what I mean @Bisto
This is great fun :grinning:

Tired Dance GIF by US National Archives

3 Likes

“Fuck that nathan fucking carter” defuses all situations.

A savage day down here on Derrynane, being the leading weather forecaster on the forum has it’s benefits.

13 Likes

:rofl: You need to bury him good and proper… he came in heavy on me before but then I painted the virtual walls with him and even left a bit for the ceiling … to such a point he doesn’t reply to me anymore :rofl::rofl:
He’s the original one armed waiter - can dish it out but can’t take it at same time…

2 Likes

Regular as clockwork now again :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Another attempt to create a pile on from the forum bullies

Our french neighbours arrived back from a day on the water and gave us this :smiley:

5 Likes

It’ll be lovely with the superquinn sausages.

2 Likes

The childers had those.
Whatever that fish is I did my best to fillet it and put it on the bbq with the steaks. Very tasty.

Sea bass I’d say

1 Like

Is it not a small Pollock?

Back on topic, my lass was out doing the trial run for what is actually a pretty good thing on the mainland called the Duke of Edinburgh award. She was doing the trial run for the bronze award which meant a point to point hike with an overnight camp all only watched from a distance by a guide, as the main thing is unsupervised, so they learn about map reading, camping in the rain, traveling carrying all their stuff etc etc.
Anyhow, she informed me that as part of the training, they were taught that the eco friendly thing to do if you need a dump is not to bury it, but to smear it on the rocks :flushed::flushed::flushed:

The Provos were years ahead of their time.

12 Likes

I never considered that angle :slightly_smiling_face: