Cars

Top man thanks :+1:

At any price steer clear of 1.6 diesels in 5 speed.

2 Likes

Nice car. The wife has one.

1 Like

Diesel will be hammered now

2 Likes

It’s full circle since the greens pushed it in 2007.

I really hope you are right and that it really is taxed off the road. Filthy filthy stuff.

1 Like

:frowning: :rage:

Get with the times dinosaur

The ‘cant believe it’s not meat’ brigade think stella McCartney is harvesting soya with battery powered tractors.

At this juncture taxing and insuring the motor is the level my investment in transport stretches to. My concerns for " the future of the planet " stops at the future…

1 Like

Your grandkids?

Agricultural vehicles should be exempt. They dont poison the children walking about the place.

1 Like

Exactly.

Diesel & Petrol vehicles should be a thing of the past in City or very built up urban areas.

You’ve seen the light so.

Can I still do the school run in the '97 Colorado?

They’re with the programme. They have bicycles you’ll be chuffed to know.

Petrol nowhere near as bad as diesel. We should be aiming for electric, but petrol hybrid technology with a max engine size for new cars is the way to go meantime.

I would argue the type of car you drive should be inline to the job you do etc.

If you commute 2hrs into Dublin then park your car for 7 hours then it should be electric powered.

If you live in Limerick and do social driving up to an amount of say 15000km - 30000km per year then there should be an incentive to go electric. Petrol Hybrid definitely.

If you live in rural Ireland and use your car - suv to tow with etc or your mileage is upwards of 50000 - 75000km a year then a Diesel vehicle is appropriate imo.

If you drive for a living and spend 8 hours a day in that vehicle then Diesel is perfectly okay.

What’s mental is the amount of Diesel vehicles used for social or domestic driving around Cities and basically producing huge emissions whilst idle is wrong and should be stamped out.
For those visiting Cities in this type of vehicle there should be a levy to do so.

We need to use money provided by those who choose to drive high emission emitting vehicles to fund sustainable public transport where population density suffices.

6 Likes

Was it petrol you put into the diesel car or diesel into the petrol car?

That is horseshit.
Why should living in rural Ireland and needing a towbar give you the right to poison children? A genuine question. And the higher the mileage, the more crap they bilge out for people to inhale.
Get a fcuking petrol car with a towbar if you must. Governments are cowards. They’d rather see people breathe toxins than lose a few votes.