Cars

Jaysus. A manual and all. Youā€™re living the dream

1 Like

Wasnā€™t dear.
I bought it for Ā£4500, sold it for Ā£4000 because I really liked the couple that bought it, and Iā€™ve just bought it back some eight years later for ,Ā£4250, but heā€™s done fair bit of work on it. New radiator, relays etc. I preferred the old steering wheel.
It quite literally smelled of leather and cigars when I bought it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll pm you the valuation cert your man had done. Itā€™s interesting. I said in vague touch afterwards, and just messaged him a couple of weeks ago on the off chance he was selling.

Theyā€™re a lovely thing. The end of an era I supposeā€¦fine carpentry, top end upholstery and a car as well. Theyā€™re practically free to a good home at that moneyā€¦compared to buying some Korean plastic disposable toy and paying a few hundred a month plus deposits and final payments

2 Likes

Is your real name Arthur Daly? Thatā€™s a lovely motor

1 Like

900000 Teslaā€™s in the UK now. 6000 new Teslas in the last month alone. :+1::+1::+1:
Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

speaking to my diehard hoops mate

ā€œgaffney has won me overā€

1 Like

I see MG are sponsoring Bohs. It was on the back of a bus I was behind yesterday

unreal.

great to have a car thatā€™s no a depreciating asset.

1 Like

If I could afford a proper mid-life crisis Iā€™d be all over this

Or this

2 Likes

Anyone drive a Chevrolet Cruze? Thoughts?

No, but Iā€™ve driven a Cortina 1600E - they were a great machine if a little hard on juice. Carry onā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

First love stays with you forever

1 Like

After arsing around in ancient VWā€™s and Morris 1100ā€™s the jump to 1600cc was like lepping into a modern BMW. Jesus but I loved that motorā€¦ā€¦ :cry:

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the story with meeting a Garda checkpoint with a slightly out of date NCT cert these days? There was a grace period around Covid but is that now gone? Heading to West Cork the weekend and forgot to book in for the NCT.

You may go the back roads via letterkenny

1 Like

I donā€™t know what the company line is but Iā€™d say youā€™d be fierce unlucky to get done for NCT if itā€™s only a tad out. Even if you had a test booked and had evidence of that Iā€™d say youā€™d be grand.

On a side note I havenā€™t come across any kind of checkpoint other than a guard sheepishly asking what the purpose of my journey was in well over a year.

This.

I nearly got wiped out by a cunt who looked like this with my 6yo in the back of the car tonight.

Youā€™ll have 30 days to collect your Cube.