Cars

I was embarrassed for him early.

Buying. Fish. Cod.

Jesus.

Organic salmon from a fish farm in Clare island.Organic Salmon now with real Salmon

Was this yours? You donā€™t normally write drivel like that with all the full stops.

1 Like

Donā€™t eat either of them mate. cc @flattythehurdler

2 Likes

Organic from the bay near the cruise ship outpipe

Someone just spent 200 thousand on this restoration :flushed::flushed::grimacing:

@carryharry or anyone else.
I just rang up to enquire about trading in one of my bikes (BMW r1200r) for a Honda F6c Iā€™ve got my eye on. The lad took the details, and said heā€™d speak to his manager, and was back after about 30 seconds.
They offered me 2700 trade in. Given the cheapest that you could buy anywhere on auto trader is 4.4k, I thought this a bit light and said so. The lad said what did they need to make the sale. I said Iā€™d like 3100 which would mean my bike and 8.5k. Your man said would I guarantee to purchase and put down a deposit now ā€œif I go to.my manager and make it workā€.
I said I probably would, but let him ask first.
Your man said he wouldnā€™t ask unless I guaranteed to proceed.
I got a but stubborn, and said I wouldnā€™t guarantee to until they made an offer.
Your man refused to make an offer without a verbal guarantee.
I said not to fret about it then, and hung up.
Is this a usual way of selling vehicles?

verbal guarantee isnt worth fuck all

1 Like

Has he never rented a 1990s video tape?

2 Likes

I thought the whole thing was bizarre. The first time he ā€œchecked with his bossā€ it took 30 seconds. Canā€™t understand what his issue was genuinely :person_shrugging:

Unless for some bizarre reason the call was recorded which is probably still a bit light

A lot of car / bike dealerships over there have salesmen who must run each deal by managers afaik.

Nothing unusual really

I realise that. Did you ever hear of one refusing point blank to ask unless the customer verbally guaranteed to accept?
Iā€™d be surprised if the call wasnā€™t recorded. I found the whole thing so odd I wonder if it could have been a scam.

Who Knows Idk GIF

You seems bit slow on the uptake here. A salesman refused to make an offer unless I guaranteed to agree to it. If one of ours did that theyā€™d be warned.

1 Like

His boss might just be a cunt

Refused to bring your offer to his boss unless you guaranteed to agree to it

A bit different tbf

1 Like

I didnā€™t make an offer. He asked what would I want for my bike to consider it. I told him a figure Iā€™d consider. Given it took him about 30 seconds to ok the previous low ball offer, it would have taken about 5 seconds for a yes or no. He refused to even ask unless I guaranteed.
To be honest, I think when he asked was I cash or finance, and I said cash, he wanted out. Like I said, the cheapest private sale similar bike on auto trader to the one I was trading in was 1600 more than he offered me as trade in initially. The cheapest dealer one was double. I thought the whole thing a bit odd. Iā€™m wondering was it a scam tbh. He even initially got the price of the bike forvsake wrong when offering a trade in, undervaluing it by 5 grand.

Youā€™re being extremely precious here

Look mate, I went on auto trader. There was a section asking if you wanted to trade-in a bike. I entered the details. They then rang me out of the blue, went through mine in detail before he clearly mumbled to ā€œhis bossā€ who was in the same room. They made a fairly derisory trade in offer which I declined. He then asked what I wanted to consider it. I told him. He refused to then mumble to ā€œhis bossā€ in the same room unless I guaranteed to purchase the bike and put down a deposit then an there. I hadnā€™t seen the bike I was purchasing. All I had done was make an enquiry in the section where it said ā€œenquire about a trade in value for your bikeā€.
I wasnā€™t guaranteeing anything over the phone. Why should I? This is a genuine question. You obviously feel it was perfectly reasonable for me to guarantee to leave a deposit over the phone to a man whoā€™s rung me out of the blue when I answered an aurotrader advert and filled in an enquiry form. You clearly have money you are desperate to be rid of.

3 Likes