Cars

First of all you never mentioned Autotrader in original post ffs.

What did you expect over the phone?

Those lads are waiting on desperate punters trying to cash in on their motors.

If you’re keen on changing your bike hit a showroom

It’s a rare enough bike. I’ve been looking for one for a while. My first post was incorrect as I couldn’t be bothered to type out the full story which was my answering the advert via the aurotrader online portal,. And they getting in touch with me. It was still a derisory enough offer the second time if they had made it. They won’t be cashing in quickly as the market for bikes has stalled in the UK. Ducati prices are clearly falling, having been rising for a long tine, and achieved prices are nowhere near advertised prices.
I think with hindsight that they are selling finance more than hardware.
The bike was in the Midlands. I don’t want it badly enough to waste a day.

1 Like

Oral contract, mate.

2 Likes

The salesman is a ham and he was chancing his arm.

Walk away and move on.

If you had approached about their bike and mentioned your trade in next I bet things would have been slightly different, he probably saw an easy kill so to speak with the way you approached.

It’s strange because I have generally found English dealers to be decent but there are always exceptions.

1 Like

He heard the Galway accent and thought he had a laying hen.

1 Like

You might not be far off added to the honest but naĂŻve approach.

In his mind you were in the bog with baler twine holding up your trousers dreaming of buying the bike on the poster in your bedroom.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

@carryharry or others in the know,I’ve a years payments left on the Mrs car and have the cash here to pay it off.I was thinking of trading up in the new year.Should I pay off the money and trade up in the spring or just keep paying and trade up.

You can roll balance into new deal.

With rates increasing it’s probably better to do a deal now but it’s also very late in year.

Using up your cash will save a bit in interest but price it both ways to way up how much.

1 Like

@Massey had previously claimed to have cleared 1/4 of a million euro in a year, yet the miserable cunt has the wife on a PCP arrangement for her Skoda.

1 Like

WHAT?

:grinning:

The internet never forgets :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s a VW

1 Like

Exactly. A Skoda.

@carryharry
Have to get a bigger motor with the new arrival. Want to sell the current one. Don’t want to sell it orivately but would I be better trying to sell to a separate dealer as opposed to trading it in when getting the new one. I imagine dealers would be happy enough to buy at the moment.

Selling a car privately is a dogs dinner. A nightmare.

5 Likes

Yeah, an innocent soul like me would be mugged off fairly rapid.

4 Likes

Mugged off good and proper

1 Like

Just as a matter of interest mike, why dont you want to go down trade in route? I doubt the few bob extra youd get is worth the hassle