Cars

Meh

How did i miss this. A lovely post. An ordinary decent everyman traversing, negotiating, stumbling and planning his way around absurd norms, subtle pitfalls and everyday nonessential societal demandsā€¦like organic salmon. A man doing his best, adrift, freewheeling, open hearted, lost. A strange, clumsy, unresolved search for meaning. Tragic in a way. Honest throughout.
(Btw: Salted cod isā€¦well, a cod)

2 Likes

EVs chapsā€¦ Whatā€™s the way to goā€¦

Buy a bike, or chat @Diabhal about a pony

4 Likes

Not sure what the lead time is to buy one but in terms of range and price the MG seems to have hit the sweet spot.

If you dont need an oversized tank get a leaf

Are MGs not a bit shit?

3 Likes

Fixed that for you

Isnā€™t there some tedious nomark poster who wrote lots of drivel about this nonsense?

2 Likes

I have no idea mate not a cager, they seem good value and have a good range

Driving from Sunny South East to the Capital daily?

Forget about a leaf anyway that should be last in the queue total disaster no range in reality.

This is great value for what it is and could probably be bought for a little less ā€¦probably not your budget but a great motor for the money

Donā€™t IDs have massive battery degradation issues?

1 Like

Not really no less charge in cold weather around 20% less than in summer months but no degradation issues thatā€™s a myth.
That thing there will bring you 380kms on a charge at this time of Year and around 440kms in the summerā€¦VW are the best of a bad lot for EVsā€¦none of them are perfect these are ahead of everything else

That 1st edition Iā€™d.3 was built almost 3 Yrs agoā€¦you are like the fella who googles his illness and then decides heā€™s going to die :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve owned EVs for 6 years now.

8% degradation confirmed by VW is far from ideal.

I drove the shit out of an Ioniq for 4 years and had no degradation when I sold it. Itā€™s a fundamental consideration for anyone considering an EV.

8 Likes

Degradation no problem. Just buy new battery

The problem with the Ioniq is that the range was terrible from Day 1ā€¦200kms or so in hard drivingā€¦
The best time to buy an ev is 5 Yrs time but for anyone buying one now VW group is your best bet at least the promised range is what you actually get in real life drivingā€¦battery degradation isnā€™t an issue for VW EVs. The 1st edition ID3 built around March 2020 had all sorts of things wrong with itā€¦theyā€™re improving every Month since.
Ioniqā€¦a heap of shit.

Yes indeed