Cars

Just a guess mateā€¦could be Two Years could be 7 but a big change will come and someone will get their hands burned if I was buying a new car in 2023 Iā€™d chance a petrol or if doing more than 20k a year a diesel. Itā€™s a bit of a lottery.
In other news youā€™d want to be insane or else very well off to buy a new car in 2023ā€¦most models in all brands 6k to 12k dearer than in 2020 for the very same carā€¦low interest rates almost totally gone nowā€¦itā€™ll be 7.9% upwards in 2023ā€¦youā€™d want to be certified in all honesty.

3 Likes

You must be Branch Manager with this uncanny outlook into market research

We will seeā€¦donā€™t let me put you off buying that flash car youā€™ve been obsessing about nowā€¦burst into it 8% APR etc

Poor @Gman wonā€™t be happy at this

Sound like there was never a better time to take a zero % PCP deal

All good pal. If we were to listen to every rant on tfk no one would ever leave the house

5 Likes

The brother in law has an ID4 from work and I took a trip from KK back to Cork the other night with him. Itā€™s okay, itā€™s grand. Heā€™s bucking that he didnā€™t get a spect with a reversing camera, tbh wouldnā€™t you think that a car like that would have it as standard?? Theyā€™ve kept it close to what a VW is in general whereas when we test drove a Hyundai Ioniq 5 I felt it was totally different and a glimpse of the future.

1 Like

A 60k car should have a reversing camera as standard.

A Golf R that was 55k or so new in 2019 is now about 90k new. Petrol car prices are gone mad.

Anybody who bought a petrol car in last few years is as well keep it for a few more years and then get an EV.

All the VWs are still first generation EVs. Consensus seems to be to wait til they release the second generation.

1 Like

FFS sake. What kind of world are we living in that fellas canā€™t reverse anymore?

4 Likes

The back cameras are handy but most of them are poorly thought out and need to have the lens cleaned regularly.

Some clever fella took a bit of plastic and a basic toothbrush and stuck it to the end of the back wiper on the eNiro. I got one online for like 20 quid. So if your camera lens gets dirty like it regularly does you can wipe it clean by turning on the back wiper.

Probably a feature on higher end cars but itā€™s a useful cheap little mod that Iā€™ve found helpful. Couple of months ago when we were at the car wash it got knocked off. Didnā€™t notice for a day or two. Went back and there was the little toothbrush intact lying on the ground. :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Brother has an ID 4. Heā€™s very happy with it, but he shelled out 50k for it. The cunt has loads of money obviously.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to go for an electric but canā€™t justify the outlay at the moment. Itā€™s really targeted towards the wealthy upper middle class types

4 Likes

Or getting one through work.

That wonā€™t be happening for me #activetravel #3kmdoortodoor

1 Like

Through work and the BIK benefit you get makes it a much easier decision. Albeit the BIK is being gradually reduced, still worth it.

2 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Defo. And the car weā€™re getting is no great shakes, a Citroen EC4. But weā€™ll still be a one car family and will be electrified.

Said to herself that we should reinvest the proceeds from the present car into solar panels - Iā€™d say she has it spent already :grinning:, got a cautious yeah from her.

4 Likes

again, a leaf or an MG are reasonable

cheaper running costs too

although we all agree, walking or cycling is best

Guts of 40k for a new Leaf on the bigger battery (including the 5k grant). Greens doing some great things. Can you put it to them at your next meeting to increase the grants?

:astonished::astonished::astonished: @carryharry