Cars

Give us the full story here mate! Did @Locke spot you up a ladder or something?

Decidedly worse. Very tricky tbf. Given their natural frugality, they expect the diesel motor to run on - well, anything. There are multiple options.

3 Likes

KY cars have the worst reputation in the trade.

1 Like

@Corksfinedtboy was backing quite badly into a space the size of an artic trailer up by Cube Kitchens over from Musgrave Park about 2 hours before a Cork City game. I blew the car horn in an aggressive way, for the craic like. The forumā€™s favourite painter was frustrated enough due to his inability to park a compact car as the car horn put him over the edge. He was half way through calling me every cunting cunt under the sun when he noticed it was me with the family. Christ Iā€™m roaring laughing here thinking of the shade of red his head was at :joy::joy:.

17 Likes

Is that Skoda model the smaller or the bigger of the 2 SUVs they make? I canā€™t remember the name of the other model. Anyways - mate of mine has a 192 big Skoda yoke, he says he canā€™t pass out a filling station with it by comparison to the XTrail he had previously.
My parents are on their 2nd Kia Sportage and they love it. Comfortable, Pretty high spec very economical.
If she was my lass and she likes the 201 Ecosport Iā€™d be telling her to stay loyal. Ford underrated I think meself.

2 Likes

Elvisā€¦The Skoda to compare to the VW T Cross is a Kamiq not Karoqā€¦the Seat Arona is similar alsoā€¦in a Kia the Nero is the same kind of thing as T Cross.

2 Likes

A drive-by mugging off :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

U got me in one kid,
But it was a sub compact :joy:

2 Likes

As mad as it sounds, theres actually no difference. Saying that ive an LK now and its great

The Kia Sportage is a fine piece of kit, roomy, stylish and given good care and attention practically bullet-proof.

1 Like

Thanks to @maurice_brown & @Billy.the.Bounce for the input. After a dayā€™s car hawking, a neighbourly samaritan called after my post and conveyed me for 4 (four) pints of black porter.

Iā€™m just home and logged into see a debate about registrations and a Carkie trying to park.

Cā€™est la guerreā€¦

2 Likes

Drove a BMW X3 last week. Grand yolk but wouldnt buy it myself. For that money it wpuld be better spent

Some doddery cunt did this earlier today in Dunnes car park, no dent but annoying scrapes, any DIY suggestions before I :fire: cash bringing into to the garage?

Sorry about that.

12 Likes

Did the doddery flute admit this or are you just guessing. If you have a culprit dead to rights then youā€™re lucky because I donā€™t think, from my cursory inspection that those scrapes will polish out with T-Cut or any of the usual remedies. Youā€™ll note that there are in fact 2 separate panels affected which will cost about ā‚¬1,800 to have filled, sanded and resprayed.
A quick enquiry locally might turn up an all-rounder who might be cheaperā€¦

2 Likes

No just guessing, Iā€™ll just burn the car at this stage and claim off the insurancešŸ¤£

2 Likes

You could get a price for it and it wonā€™t be cheap and I suspect itā€™s a reasonably new car. I donā€™t think itā€™ll polish out but you have a Boxtyeater option. Ascertain the exact colour (inside the passenger door on a panel possibly) and have a little canister/bottle of it made. Mask off all but the offending parts of the panels and spray on the mix. Give it a polish after a few days and see where you are - a ā‚¬10 fix - the kind I like.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the MB fix also. Thereā€™s a crew on the tinternet in Wickla I think that will make up the correct colour and provide primer and lacquer in a 3 can kit delivered for approx ā‚¬40 @Bod95 .
I hate shopping centre car parks

2 Likes

VW & Karoq basically same chassis etc

That will cost a fortune to fix properly. I hope you got their details