Cars

He didnā€™t really write (m)any songs though (he did write ā€˜Speak to Meā€™ alright). Iā€™d a Google there and it says he is worth $180m :man_shrugging: That would seem about accurate.

Heā€™s probably the least talented member of the band

He was only the drummer though. Dunno how Pink Floyd split their song-writing credits but I presume Waters and Gilmour did most of the writing.

The band members of The Pogues just wanted to tour constantly and needed to just to earn a crust. McGowan was pissed off with all the touring and blamed their Manager Frank Murray and had a big row with him. McGowan didnā€™t need to tour as he was raking it in with the songwriting royalties.

1 Like

Hard to know what he made. Varying reports , but take into account that the Italian govt have valued these cars at 100 million, and also, itā€™s tax free so probably not a lot in it.

1 Like

Lawrence Stroll, the face and backer of Aston Martin and Aston Martin Lagonda, used to daily drive his 250GTO and still puts regular road milage up on it.

Nick Mason loaned his to Clarkson.
Hereā€™s a true story. I was chatting to a lad in Costa in Wilmslow about 6 or 8 years ago. Iā€™d seen him in there when it was quiet a few times and heā€™d asked about my motorbikes (carrying the helmet always is a good way of meeting people) We chatted a good bit and he told me he used to rally Volvoā€™s, and old 240 mainly. He was a really nice man. Whenever we met weā€™d sit and have a coffee and chat, usually about old cars. I asked him had he seen that a Ferris Buller Ferrari had just made the then record for a car (12 million iirc). He said he had. Then he said heā€™d driven one for a week once.
ā€œHow on earth did you manage that?ā€ I asked.
ā€œMy son bought me a week in it for a presentā€
ā€œCrikeyā€, I said, ā€œwhat does your son do?ā€
ā€œWell heā€™s a graphic designerā€
Any way, on prodding, he revealed that his son had designed, and owned the rights to buzz light-year and woody.
ā€œHe went to design school in Sheffield,said the man, and he was always skint, and I was always giving him a few quid to keep him going. One day, I got a call from him saying he wanted to bring me for lunch. He said heā€™d bring me to the belle epoque in knutsford, which I was surprised at because it wasnā€™t cheapā€ (it isnā€™t expensive either)
ā€œSo at lunch, he said he wanted to show me something, and pulled out an envelope. I presumed it was a bill, which Iā€™d of course have paid because heā€™s a lovely lad. It was actually a cheque for Ā£650000, his royalties from the first two weeks of a project I never knew existed for a film Iā€™d never heard ofā€
True story.
What a lovely gift to give.

11 Likes

An oul pal of mine is driving a 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer, would you think it could be valuable in timeā€¦ā€¦
Thereā€™d be good miles on it and all the parts (wing, bumpers, doors etc) might be from other motors.

Itā€™s a bit like Josephā€™s amazing technicolured dreamcoat with the odd dob of gloss paint & duct tape but it starts on the button (quote owner) and is a miser on fuel.

4 Likes

Unlikely

1 Like

How many of them were made @anon67715551?

A right few cars unfortunately. Only one model of the owner sadly. Ah well :wink::oncoming_taxi:

Sounds like Triggerā€™s broom

4 Likes

Has he still got the sliding rack stereo? Many a fly wing smashed and a few dollars earned back in the day or so Iā€™m toldā€¦

The stereo system or lack of same wouldnā€™t affect the owner. Iā€™d say he wouldnā€™t know if the radio worked.

Nick.Masons GTO wonā€™t run on red diesel either.

Deleted

Any of you fellas know where I can get a tax disc holder thatā€™s not awkward as fuck to insert a disc into?

:rollseyes: .

3 Likes

Saw a neighbour use one of this handy bit of kit on his car the other day when the battery was flat. Jump leads no more.

Looks fine and dandy until I spotted the ā‚¬143 rider. The jump leads will be around a while longer.

3 Likes