Cars

Iā€™d push it up a hill before Iā€™d spend that

Not too many people carry them anymore,Iā€™m always helping people out like that

Yeah itā€™s pricey alright but acts as a power pack for multiple devices, phones, laptops, tablets etc. so I suppose it has uses.

1 Like

Do you have an implement like a scissors - theyā€™re great for trimming edges off insurance and NCT discs enabling you seamlessly insert the offending scrap of paper into the relevant slot.

A clever fellow would coordinate his tax, insurance and NCT matters into the one month. You can then get a new holder (insurers and garages - free) and do all this work at the kitchen table.

The new, crisp holder adds about ā‚¬500 to the resell value of the car.*

*Source unknown.

2 Likes

Will give it a go :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Until you forget to charge it yourself

Selling a 162 VW Golf. 1.6 TDI Highline Blue motion. Send me a DM if youā€™re interested :+1:

1 Like

Nee car otw :clap::clap:
Money comes out from the vault eventually

You might get better traction over on Tattle mate

Whatle?

Any tips please on how to handle buying a new car? Was looking to do a trade-in for a new car and the price for the trade-in seems OK, nothing spectacular. Maybe I could do better selling it privately but donā€™t know if itā€™s worth the hassle.

The price quoted for the new one is the brochure price with a couple of extras like metallic paint etc.

Should I really take the brochure price or should I look to do a bit of haggling? Iā€™m not sure what to do and also not sure how many people actually pay the brochure prices.

Any thoughts?

Send me a pm with details of your trade in.

You should NOT be paying list price on new Car.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a pm alsoā€¦there are a huge amount of privately advertised cars slushing around done deal for the past Month or so going absolutely nowhereā€¦being removed and put back up for 3 grand less and still not moving etc
Itā€™s definitely a buyers market on donedeal at the minute.
Could be the first sign of a start of a slide in used car values maybe,the whole thing is mad at the minute.

Shop around but trade it in id say

1 Like

Sliding in the UK already.

1 Like

Cheers, so Iā€™m probably doing OK with the trade-in price if thatā€™s how things are going. Whatā€™s usual then for a deal on the new car price, a couple of percent off or throw in the metallic paint, maybe both?

Iā€™m sure the sales guy is expecting something back from me on the price.

Pm carryharry. He wonā€™t let you go wrong.

You will get the car faster if you pay a few percent over list price

Havenā€™t used PMs on here before, I think I just sent him one. :thinking:

Learner drivers complain over ā€˜nitpickingā€™ testers

JACK POWER

Driving testers who were ā€œnitpickingā€ and another who reacted poorly to a learner driver forgetting where they parked their car before the test were among complaints received by the Road Safety Authority (RSA) in recent months.

In one case, a person sitting their driving test later complained that their examiner had ā€œscoldedā€ them for ā€œwhizzing past carsā€, despite the fact they were travelling at the speed limit.

In another complaint, a learner driver said after they cut out three times during a hill start, the tester ā€œproceeded to then shout at meā€ to work the clutch, which they said made them cry. The learner driver said when they returned to the test centre the examiner said: ā€œSo obviously you failedā€.

One person complained that before a test in Finglas, Dublin, their tester made a ā€œbig dealā€ of the learner driver forgetting where they had parked their car.

The learner driver said while the theory portion of the test went well, ā€œthings began to go downhillā€ when they left the test centre to start the drive.

ā€œWhen we stepped outside, the examiner asked me where my car was parked. Due to my nervousness, I forgot the exact location of my car,ā€ they wrote. The person said their tester told them it was a ā€œbad start to the testā€.

Complaints made between March and May to the RSA, the State agency running the driving test, were released to The Irish Times following a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Other complaints included people who felt their examiners were ā€œrudeā€ and ā€œgrumpyā€, as well as one person who said they were not allowed to sit their test as they were one minute late.

Another said their tester had been ā€œobnoxiousā€ during the drive and shouted at them twice, which they said ā€œcontributed to some of my mistakesā€.

Another complainant said they were told to put down the driver side window during the test, despite the ā€œtorrentialā€ rain outside. ā€œThis caused my right side to get soaked and affected my vision ā€¦ due to the rain coming in on top of me,ā€ they told the RSA.

One tester was described as ā€œevilā€ in another complaint, with the learner driver telling the RSA that they were not surprised the centre where they sat the test had a high fail rate. ā€œI really feel like going to The Irish Times after the way [the driving tester] treated me this morning,ā€ they wrote.

:joy::joy:
Hopper hasnā€™t even booked his test yet. They gave all the 16 to 18 year olds in greater Manchester free public travel. It was an absolutely inspired idea. They get used to the bus and show little interest in driving.

2 Likes