Cars

Pumps.ie would suggest that the cheapest Diesel in Ireland is in Kilkenny @ 115.9c while the cheapest Petrol in Ireland is 122.8c in Ranelagh.

1 Like

The lad who does my bike is the lad in the blue on a blue bike. Nuts.

When did this price drop happen? I was filling up in the Maxol on Beach Road last night and copped it was 1.27. The last time I noticed the price it was closer to €1.40.

Prices have been on the way down for a couple of months now.

1 Like

Big drop just before Christmas I noticed.

Petrol 1.42 and diesel 1.38 on Little Island, Cork. But they’re fleecing cunts at the best of times

Petrol 128 in my local. It used be cheaper in Waterford than Dublin but Waterford lagging behind now in passing on the reductions

is that the petrol station that makes you pay before you fill, there near the NCT place?

Yep, that’s the one. If it wasn’t for the fuel card I wouldn’t go there at all

Will be going back up over the coming week. Wholesale supply price was down to 95 cents a week ago and is back at 99+ Friday / today

Informative rating

Part of my day job…

Herself had a mishap with a gateway today. Nice dent on the back wing and door scratched to shit but that appears to be the least of the worries.
EPC fault light coming on meaning it it is get me home mode and it looks as though the back wheel alignment is off. Wheel looks to be at a 175 degree angle as opposed to 180 with the car.

Assume the Axel/alignment issue be a job for mechanic more so than a panel beater

Looking for some advice on buying a car cc. @carryharry or anyone else who knows a bit about it.

Budget is 20k. I need a family type car. Was all set to buy a 161 Hyindai tuscon diesel from a local Hyundai garage for just over 20k. Then in the pub last night I was told by a lad not to attempt to buy a second hand diesel car because there would be no resale value on it as diesel cars were being phased out. I know nothing about this stuff. Plan would be to keep the car for 2-3 years and trade up but obviously this would be a shit plan if the car has fuck all resale value. Any advice or observations would be appreciated

Ioniq

2 Likes

Yearly mileage?

Why diesel?

I’d say if you’re able to trade again in 2 years time you should be ahead of the crunch

15 thousand miles

Hybrid

Anything pricewise over €20k on a 16, Tucson sounds mental.