Cars

What kind of animal drives a diesel

3 Likes

I bet they have gears as well! :smile:

3 Likes

:grinning:

Its normal diesel marketed towards miserable/ cunts whoā€™ll spend ā‚¬3 driving 15 kms to a filling station thats 2c a litre cheaper than their nearest one. In the early stages of marketing this magic diesel that comes out of the same truck as the ā€œnormalā€ diesel and is stored in the same underground tank as the ā€œnormalā€ diesel the pumps are calibrated to pump say half a litre in every 10 more than is showing on the display. The pricks who buy this stuff proudly tip on into the shop and fill their faces with hunky dorys, starbars and club orange, offsetting the retailers minuscule loss on the fuel, before going off and telling everyone whoā€™ll listen that this new more miles diesel is the real deal.

Good marketing idea for anyone that would swallow a bus

2 Likes

Jesus, thatā€™s @Mac down to a tee.

2 Likes

I definitely did this with a company rental before for the craic and canā€™t say I noticed the slightest difference. But hey, someone, somewhere was Ā£5 richer.

We got a memo a few months back telling us not to go near the stuff and wed be charged the difference if we did

So TFK confirms that itā€™s regular diesel with an idiot tax. Grand job.

Something left on in the carā€¦battery only reading 4vā€¦ will a jump even get her going?

It will.

Sure try it and see

The new Corolla saloon is a lovely looking car. The image of the Lexus.

Hit 100000km on Saturday. Pretty much doing 40000km a year in the Ioniq.
I reckon those 100000km would have cost about ā‚¬10k in petrol. (100000km/700km) * ā‚¬70
My estimated electricity cost in that period is about ā‚¬750.

15 Likes

Iā€™d never have the patience to drive 110 on the motorway all the way down to Limerick. And Iā€™d imagine my head would explode worrying about the battery life.

Still though, fair play lad. It looks to have worked out well for ya.

1 Like

Ah yeah you just need to be conscious of it all the time. Motorways can just murder the battery in no time. I had a match in Portlaoise Saturday and whored it like a gobshite thinking I had comfortably enough to get up and back without issue. Didnā€™t realise how much I used on the way down and had to be VERY conservative on the way home. Arrived home with around 10km left. Grand. Idiot.

Iā€™ll be looking at those Volkswagen ID cars when they come out next year. But for now the phev is the answer for me.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m interested in the Kia Niro. Maybe in the new year.

1 Like

Are there any scrappage deals on EVs at the moment? None on the Nissan Leaf anyway

What about service costs?

The vans look the business.