Cars

If you can handle the power & the swooning wannabe wags then go for it, pal.

I think I can handle that Harry.
Would it take a towbar?

No, mate. Tow low.

Arra feckit.

Iā€™ve been given a car allowance in work as I do a bit of driving, not huge amount to be fair. Itā€™s enough to buy a brand new decent car but thinking of buying a 4 year old car and using the balance to run it etc. Any recommendations on what to go for? I would do a fair bit of motorway driving but also drive into the city once or twice a week.

Skoda Octavia, an absolute miser on fuel.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is going to have your guts for garters.

Some Volkswagen group yoke. Cheap to run, rarely break and used parts are lying everywhere if they do give botherā€¦plus any half dacent mechanic should be fit to work on them.

Iā€™ve had a 1.6 golf that was 6 years old before, with 95,000 miles and got fair trouble with it, have an old 1.9 and it goes like a dream. Is the 2.0 engine better than the 1.6?

Time to go electric @Loko_Cove with that big allowance.

Donā€™t have 3hrs to waste at a service station in Kinnegad waiting for my battery to charge.

electric

its not 2014 mate

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t know but I suppose a bigger engine doesnā€™t have to work as hard. Iā€™ve a 2.7 tdi with 160k trouble free apart from a broken pulley belt

Some people only care about themselves it seems.

1 Like

Herself was is looking at one of those new Skoda SUVsā€¦any opinions or adviceā€¦

Dont let your wife choose a car.

4 Likes

Fao of @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
Iā€™m considering wan of these as my primary mode of transport

Itā€™s her fucking car

1 Like

@carryharry