CCC Tonight, Official Prediction Thread

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Damn right it wouldn’t!

Make no doubt about it, if it was Cork : Galvin would have been stripped of his Captaincy before anyone opened their Cork Examiners on Monday Morning.

Did you ever see a Cork Player displaying the two fingers to the terraces a’la Mullane? No. Why? Because they’d be off the panel until the CC board discuss the matter.

Have you ever seen a Cork Player gloat to opposing fans like Brogan or Gooch?
Have you ever seen garish grand statements like “if you don’t know me …blah blah blah” branded across any Cork Player?

No

The Cork County Board are many things to different Cork Players Past and Present. But one thing they definately are to all and that is strict on codes of conduct and behaviour.[/quote]

eh hello…Fionan Murray…

where is fionann now? see where his antics got him!!

on a serious note think he is captaining the barrs now, a wasted talent, what a talent though

[quote=“dancarter”]where is fionann now? see where his antics got him!!

on a serious note think he is captaining the barrs now, a wasted talent, what a talent though[/quote]

great goalscorer more than a great footballer…meant to have been very good at soccer apparantly… but he was a timebomb…he used to get in scuffles but problem was he couldn’t fight sleep…remember tom sullivan throwing a few haymakers at him in croker one day, if he had connected it would have been like a scene from the ‘one,two uniflu’ boxing cartoon add on d tele…

I dont know myself. There should be a separate forum for this kind of thing.

Asked

and answered.

If you need proof for my point you gave it to me.

Anyway he’s a barrs man. 'nuff said. But:

Yrs ago, smashing barrs hurler; brother of County Hurler too but even better; Was taken off during a club game cause his socks were wrong and; two weeks later dropped from county panel. Definately a bit of lad, out on the rip as often as I was, but you’d never think it if you saw him play. But that didn’t matter; 'cause he wasn’t in bed by nine and had crappy school reports.

I can’t believe Paddy Russell has a book out. In soccer there were clowns like Graham Poll bringing out books in the last year or two also. What kind of freak would want to read about the life and times of Paddy Russell?

Just heard on the news that Tyrone’s Owen Mulligan went on the rampage at some hotel or venue somewhere I think over the weekend. Broke windows and was charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
Galvin looks like a saint now!

I was fairly neutral when it came to the whole Galvin incident but my mind was changed last night and I hope they give another six months on top of what he has already.

Was watching a bit of Vincent Browne’s new show on TV3 and there was a review of the papers going on. There were two Kerry fookos on and Browne started talking about the Lisbon Treaty. One of them interupted and said in a thick Kerry brogue ‘That is not the biggest news story tonight Vincent. Paul Galvin has got a six month suspension for doing absolutely nothing. I think it is scandalous’. To which the other piped up - ‘It’s an anit Kerry bias. They are just jealous that we won so many All-Irelands’.

Fook right off…

Russell bringing out a book is a fucking outrage imo, that lil hoorbag should be banned from ever reffing another match. Fucking awful ref.

6 months is a bit excessive, 3 months would have been plenty to make an example of him and Kerry would most likely have accepted it too. Seems to me as if the boys in the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC got a massive horn on em over this and blew a big fat one.

Make no doubt about it, if it was Cork : Galvin would have been stripped of his Captaincy before anyone opened their Cork Examiners on Monday Morning.

Did you ever see a Cork Player displaying the two fingers to the terraces a’la Mullane? No. Why? Because they’d be off the panel until the CC board discuss the matter.

Have you ever seen garish grand statements like “if you don’t know me …blah blah blah” branded across any Cork Player?

No

The Cork County Board are many things to different Cork Players Past and Present. But one thing they definately are to all and that is strict on codes of conduct and behaviour.[/quote]

Sure aren’t cork players the nicest most decent chaps you could ever meet…

http://dynimg.rte.ie/00016ecc10dr.jpg

http://www.achgohairithe.com/content/2007/08/cc030807.jpg

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00156/ref_156692t.jpg

From the RTE website -
Tyrone’s Mulligan released on bail

Tyrone forward Owen Mulligan was arrested for criminal damage and for being in possession of an offence weapon in Cookstown last weekend.

The incident happened at the Conway Inn last Sunday night where windows were smashed in the bar on Chapel Street in the town.

Mulligan was questioned for two hours by police before being released on bail.

Tyrone made their exit from the Ulster Football Championship last Saturday after losing to Down in a replay

Seamus Moynihan to Pug Galvin: “I fucking starving the baby fingy iddn’t enough see if ya can punch the lot in; right up to the elbow; you know I can take it”

Gurrieraghty : " my lovely nose my lovely perfect nose! The blood and bruises will clash with my highlights and new pink and mauve Pringle." (thinks: hope the lads that made Notting Hill are watching this)

http://dynimg.rte.ie/00016ecc10dr.jpg
“my glove is nicer than yours … see?”
“lovely ar’right gis’ a closer look”

“Gis’ an’ aul’ hug”

http://www.achgohairithe.com/content/2007/08/cc030807.jpg
“How about we leave the bag of sliothars over there?”
“What under the green flag?”
“Yeah 'sur ye won’t be needing it anyway”
“Grand so …c’mere anyone going to dat’ Swingers party afterwards?”

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00156/ref_156692t.jpg[/quote]
GMcG “T’was this one … look …would ya believe it! …now that was the youngest ever finger to lift the McCarthy Cup”

Rumours abound that Galvin has had his suspension quashed by the DRA tonight. It’s unconfirmed at this stage though.

Have heard the rumours, seeking confirmation anywhere at all.

No

Maire have a look at this clip, pure filth, what Galvin did was bad but Sullivans strike is worse and in the same game as Sean Og covered himself in glory. Not so sure about these impeccable Cork standards any more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_GbTGKKABs

[quote=“padjo”]Maire have a look at this clip, pure filth, what Galvin did was bad but Sullivans strike is worse and in the same game as Sean Og covered himself in glory. Not so sure about these impeccable Cork standards any more

YouTube - Diamuid O’Sullivan gets Joe Canning in the throat[/quote]

Don’t feed me anymore Rock; After 3 years; its no longer funny; Its cruel

I’d streak from Liberty sq to Semple’s field, If I thought it would get that buffallo out of Cork.

On another note: Galvin’s off.

Nothing confirmed yet, all just c onjecture and rumour.

DRA STATEMENT

The DRA Tribunal which sat on the 15 th and 21 st July 2008 had quashed the Decision of the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) made on the 23 rd June 2008 in respect of Mr. Paul Galvin

Whilst Mr. Galvin accepted that an incident happened on the 15 th June 2008 which warranted the commencement of disciplinary proceedings, the DRA Tribunal is of the view that procedural irregularities occurred at the CHC hearing on the 23 rd June 2008 which were in breach of his right to fair procedures and to a fair hearing.

The DRA Tribunal has directed as follows:

(a) that the matter be re-heard by a newly convened and differently constituted CHC as soon as possible; and

(http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif that Mr. Galvin remains suspended in the interim period and is not eligible to play Gaelic games until the disciplinary process has been concluded.

[quote=“myboyblue”]DRA STATEMENT

The DRA Tribunal which sat on the 15 th and 21 st July 2008 had quashed the Decision of the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) made on the 23 rd June 2008 in respect of Mr. Paul Galvin

Whilst Mr. Galvin accepted that an incident happened on the 15 th June 2008 which warranted the commencement of disciplinary proceedings, the DRA Tribunal is of the view that procedural irregularities occurred at the CHC hearing on the 23 rd June 2008 which were in breach of his right to fair procedures and to a fair hearing.

The DRA Tribunal has directed as follows:

(a) that the matter be re-heard by a newly convened and differently constituted CHC as soon as possible; and

(http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif that Mr. Galvin remains suspended in the interim period and is not eligible to play Gaelic games until the disciplinary process has been concluded.[/quote]

What a farce. A disciplinary investigation has been ongoing for nearly 5 weeks and the decision is to restart the process again.

Unbelievable…

Either let him off or don’t but what are they at starting the whole thing again…