Celebrity Deaths 2021

Aw Shit….A terrific actor, car dealer and consumer of cognacs (Large).
A very intelligent man in real life, he had a tour de force on 15-1 once upon a time. The light of Heaven to him.

3 Likes

Spurs and Chairman Levy really looked after Greavsie in his latter years as his health declined. He was Tottenham family.

A marked contrast to how the likes of West Ham treated Bobby Moore once his playing days were over there or Munich survivor, Harry Gregg by Man U.

7 Likes

Ah no. He was hilarious

One of comedy’s brilliant characters.

RIP Boycie

1 Like

A lot of truth in that. West Ham treated Moore despicably.

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on that? I know he died young and had a difficult post-football life. You’d always imagine lads like him could, and should, be given a handy ambassadorial-type role if they wanted it

Look up his Wikipedia page under the World Cup 1966 section. He was an indentured slave and Greenwood was a cunt. After his career ended instead of treating him like the iconic figure he was they shunned him, no ambassadorial role, no club exposure, no recognition whatsoever.
In other words they treated him worse than bad and seemed happy about it. A crowd of cunts.

6 Likes

They’ve since used him to put forward the idea of West Ham winning the World Cup in 1966. And have dined out on the fact he captained the team. Some shower of cunts.

I’ve heard that moore was never given tickets to upton pk and the stewards would let him in but someone in authority got wind of this and he was kicked out.

Good summation of moore’s post football life here

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,1541919,00.html

2 Likes

Ice T will be devastated

2 Likes

Liverpool treated Bill Shankly pretty despicably as well. Must be something in the English psyche

1 Like

A horrible club, the nastiest in England probably.

Great article there, long, but well worth the read.

1 Like

Am I right in saying greaves was the undoubted number 1 English striker in 1966 but didn’t get a smell of a game in the world cup and the inferior Geoff Hurst took his place? Was the decision due to an injury or tactical ?

Greaves got injured in the group stage and Hurst took his place.

1 Like

Must have been a lot of pressure to have him back in for the final. In fairness hurst fairly did the business but must have been some regret for poor aul greavsie. I’d say he’s the type of fella who’d love to have done it for queen and country. He was always bantering away about taffs and jocks in shoot.

Yeh supposedly the regret about missing the final contributed to his descent to alcoholism. According to the obituary posted here, he turned his life around by the time he got his show with the Saint.

He was an alco in italy

1 Like

He put his World Cup winners medal in the bin. Was very bitter over it for years. Johnny Giles waxes lyrical about Greaves at least once a month on otb. Said he was a genius, didn’t even like Football was a tennis fan but he was just ridiculously good at scoring goals

1 Like