☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Ah we covered this well before. Ah least 20 per cent of the population are Arabs. .at least 4 usually start for the national team. .the captain natcho is moslem. He’s not an Arab though.

Muanes dabbur for example. He’s probably Israels best player. He’s from East Jerusalem

1 Like

Marciano is a great keeper though. .
His Mrs is unreal…

Rocko that’s not true
He was a center half for ashdod
He is not a full back

1 Like

No but in (L)irgun

Where was this discussed?

Mortiz Bauer who we were linked with last January seems to have been made available for Stoke. From what I saw of him, he looks a lot better than some of the names we have been linked with for the RB spot.

Multiple nations league threads when I was profiling the squad

1 Like

He’s on a long term contract so we should be sticking to our £12m valuation. Fuck him if he wants to strike, he can rot in the reserves.

We’re in for Romaine Sawyers as well it seems.

Meh.

Being linked with this lad for right back now.

Tommy Smith is apparently close to signing. He’s a very poor player from what I’ve seen, an absolute donkey.

The fella from Huddersfield and Watford. .jesus.

That’s the guy. He is car crash, a red card waiting to happen in every game.

1 Like

Lads Greek league is very weak these days and pathanaikos have regressed a lot.
A fella getting released by alkmaar off to Greece for a year ago or two now I’m assuming out of contract… there is some merry go round in the Mediterranean leagues. .I’d be on top of a lot of it from tracking IsraelI clubs. .the amount of Brazilians in particular hopping about between Cyprus israel and Greece alarmed me… then you have a heap of fellas who couldnt make in la liga , ex say celta vigo. .head to ael limassol, maccabi haifa and then you see them at buriram united in thsiland.
Carlos cuellar for example is still going strong in Israel.

1 Like

Fellas like that swede make the cash in the signing on fee. .
I’ll tell ye a story
ShlomI azulay now at bnei saknin …back in 2014 he was at beitar. Early 20s.
When we were heading back to ireland we had people coming into see the apartment from the letting agency. .anyway himself and the bird came in… now this was an ok place but at around 900 euro a month in central Israel it was nothing spectacular. . What stuck with me was they (like all isrselis were complaining about the rent ). Now this lad was and is a premier leader striker and has been capped but it was clear 1000 euro a month was way over his head. .
It was the night we beat Georgia in Tbilisi and he had no clue who Aidan macgeady was. …
Anyway in these leagues domestic players make fk all… foreigners get the expat deal of free rent and a car…like you would get in any job.
12 month contract and then off again. … it’s better than doing that at Mansfield I suppose

1 Like

A Jewish thing?

1 Like

oh fuck jews are bad - but dont even go there with arabs
immediately it is down to pride and saving face
a jew will just try to con you - an arab will actually try to avenge you taking money from him
in the arab world bartar is still the way - the culture is too argue every price its all done on “combina” and the guy who is good at this is called a “combinator” - you’d see it very strongly with mizrachim jews also who are basically arabs (culturally) - arguing the receipt of the weekly shop with the simpleton on duty … with a queue of people behind them
then you have trademen - every fucking tradesman in israel is an arab - all you want is a the breaks changed and he is is there telling you how he loves you and his “good price” -
in the middle east in general never ever is a price set in stone - well maybe at a petrol pump, go out for dinner with the cunts - every single complaint made and the price analysed to the misfortunate waiter

2 Likes

I presume this Sawyers chap isn’t much good?

Celtic are set to slap more than £5million on the table to drive deals with Tommy Smith and Romaine Sawyers over the line.

Record Sport understands Hoops chiefs are preparing to offer Brentford £2.5m for midfielder Sawyer having seen a bid of around £1.5m thrown out.

And Celtic are also locked in talks with Huddersfield Town over right back Smith – who the Terrors rate at £4m.

The Scottish champs hope to land the 27-year-old defender for around £3m but Stoke City are also sniffing despite being reluctant to go beyond £2.5m.

Smith jetted out to Austria with the Huddersfield squad for their pre-season training camp but the Championship side are willing to do business if the price is right.

Celtic have stepping up their chase for a right-back replacement for departed Mikael Lustig having missed out on Jack Stacey after Bournemouth coughed up £4m for the Luton Town star.

Parkhead boss Neil Lennon has several targets having already snapped up £7m centre back Christopher Jullien from Toulouse, £3m Boli Bolingoli Mbombo from Rapid Vienna and youngster Luca Connell in a move from Bolton.

Right-back remains the key area to address, with Hapoel Beer Sheeva’s £1.5m-rated Hatem Abd Elhamed an option and Kilmarnock’s Stephen O’Donnell still on the radar despite no contact being made between the clubs.

Lennon is keen to add at least one more attacking midfielder after David Turnbull’s move from Motherwell fell through and Tom Rogic’s future continuing to be uncertain. Sawyer has been identified as a player who fits the bill.

The Brentford skipper has a year left on his contract and former club West Brom were interested before new boss Slaven Bilic took charge.

Celtic are determined to get the deal done while Lennon and his squad’s focus is on the Champions League first qualifying round clash in Sarajevo.

He’s fairly ordinary. I think we may have been linked with him a few years back. I’d prefer Henderson be given some opportunities over signing him.

Seems to be more the passing/playmaker type. I guess it depends on whether he’s a replacement for Mulumbu or for Ntcham/Rogic. I like Henderson too but it remains to be seen if he can be consistent and physical enough to play regularly.