☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Lawwell is absolute poison.

Yeah I saw that this morning. It’s looking more and more likely that Tierney will go.

Not sure how much is from the player and how much from the agent and how much from Celtic but there’s obviously a price and salary that tempts everyone into a move. He may well look at how many games he has played and conclude that he can’t wait another few hundred games before moving and getting the money he could so easily get elsewhere.

Yeah, I loved working in KPMG and felt a genuine affinity for the firm, but I’d probably have moved to Grant Thornton for 5x or 6x my KPMG salary.

2 Likes

Or the fact Celtic want to cash in on him when they have no pressure to sell and will reinvest none of the money back into the playing squad.

The only starting defender we have who is up to the standard and were flogging him.

I think everyone would rather he wasn’t sold but there’s no way he’ll be sold unless he wants to go himself. And there’s a difference between pushing for a move versus being presented with an opportunity. Ultimately if he wants to stay, he’ll stay.

You were saying a few days ago that Celtic should offer players a doorstep to the EPL. Unfortunately part of that model is selling players to the EPL.

It’s all speculation at this point anyway. But there’s nothing surer in a transfer window than you’ll find a way to blame Lawwell before anything has been decided about anything.

2 Likes

You sure about that?

£25m is not enough for Tierney. We should be demanding £40m minimum and I can’t see him forcing through a move. It looks to me as if Celtic are itching to get £25m in for him.

Tierney on the plane to Austria for pre-season training camp.

Turnbull still hasn’t been officially confirmed. Reports of some machine failure in the hospital in Glasgow where the medical was being held so he went to Manchester for it. They’re still awaiting formal results so he hasn’t gone to Austria yet. No funny business or further changes of mind afaik - his signing interview and all that lark has been filmed with Celtic TV so it’s just waiting for the medical results before paperwork can be filed.

Jocko tabloids saying Luca Connell signing should be done this week.

1 Like

Christopher Jullien seems to be getting on a plane to go somewhere.

Saudi Arabia by the looks of it.
Or maybe man City.

Another very catty statement issued by Celtic. Have we a woman running our PR department?

1 Like

It was nothing compared to the absolute shite from West Brom in fairness. All upset that their expensive player was shit for us so got dropped.

Still, best rising above it.

This is fairly extraordinary at this stage

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/david-turnbull-celtic-could-after-17257569.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Ah ffs sake.

It’s utterly disheartening what is happening with Tierney right now.

A lot of media outlets are carrying the story that the club have told them they want to cash in on him and as soon as £25-30m is met he will be gone.

1. We are under absolutely no financial pressure to sell him.
  2. He has 4 years left to run on his contract and seems to have made no ructions about a move away
  3. We have one left back in the squad at the minute and don’t seem to have any sort of adequate replacement lined up
  4. None of that money we will end up being reinvested back into the squad, we still haven’t even touched the Dembele or Rodgers money from last season yet and will no doubt also flog Ntcham off.

It’s sickening what Lawwell continues to get away with and those who will actively defend that strategy. It beggers belief at times, if we manage to get into the CL this season we will end up scrambling around on deadline day to get a few players in when we should actually be getting our business done now and getting players in to allow us a better chance of Cl qualification.

It’s a strategy of asset stripping that is going on, the fans and the team are not the ones reaping the benefits of all the money that is coming through the coffers. The board and the majority shareholders are though.

The Motherwell top is like Craobh Chiarain @Fagan_ODowd

GUBU stuff

I think you are totally overrated this tierney chap. I bet he’ll be a complete failure in the epl and probably loaned back to Celtic within 18 months.

I bet he won’t.

Celtic discovered a partial medial ligament tear in Turnbull’s knee in the medical apparently. Confirmed by a second scan. He might need surgery which would put him out for a few months, thus he’d miss all the CL qualification rounds in July/August. As a result, Celtic have gone back to Motherwell looking to push through the deal for a considerably lower transfer fee. Hence the hold up and no guarantee deal will be done. That’s according to in the know individuals online.