Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

What a signing. :clap::ireland::handshake:

I think we’ll go all in to get that centre midfielder lynchpin type before the window gently closes next week.

Just thinking there’s now proper options for wide left, wide right and through the middle, with a few players who can play more than one position and a backup that’s almost as good as first choice.

Left Wing: Maeda, Haksabanovic
Right Wing: Jota, Abada
Striker: Kyogo, Giakoumakis

I’d say Mikey Johnston will be loaned out now this new signing is official.

We’ve got the left back and centre back cover we needed already too, and it’s just that centre midfield area now outstanding.

1 Like

I don’t see us going for anyone more defensive than McGregor. Ange is adamant about our style of football and not having a Plan B and I don’t see that changing.

However, my information remains that we are still looking at another midfield option.

Central midfield is probably the area where we don’t have great depth alright. Mooy has been playing deep when he’s come on so it frees McGregor up to play further forward but Turnbull is the only real attacking midfield option after O’Riley and Hatate. Think we’ll look for someone in that more attacking 8 role.

Hart
Siegrist
Bain

Juranovic
Ralston

CCV
Starfelt
Jenz
Welsh

Taylor
Bernabei

McGregor
Ideguchi
(McCarthy)

O’Riley
Hatate
Turnbull
Mooy

Jota
Maeda
Abada
Haksabanovic
(Forrest)
(Johnston)

Kyogo
Giakoumakis

In other news, I see gollum has been told
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/willie-collum-hibs-vs-rangers-27821621

Isn’t that the fella that Fulvio used to have a great debate about when comparing him to Ivan Toney? I feel like Fulvio was correctly on Toney’s side but I could be wrong on that one. Whichever way it was, he was digging in anyway😅

Any sign of a centre midfielder being signed tomorrow?

We have until Thursday.

Ange said maybe.

1 Like

Albion Ajeti has gone to Sturm Graz. One year loan with 2m option to buy.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy what are you hearing about Abilgaard?

The twitter sources arent that reliable it seems

Ange has said post match that there are “some things happening”

1 Like
2 Likes

Ooft.

I’ll take a scouting report when you get a chance.

I’m hearing we’re after at least one more.

Rumours of exits for Johnston (loan) and McCarthy also.

1 Like

Think he’s the physically imposing, ground eating, interception making, defence screening, centre midfielder type I’ve been really wanting for Europe…

1 Like

Fuck a loan deal for Johnston. Get him off the books.

4 Likes