Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

I’m not advocating a team of hammer throwers and that wouldn’t fit in with Postecoglou’s football anyway, but I generally think you need a few physically robust and very athletic fuckers in your team in the jocko league. These lads complement the light, skilful fellas like Jota and Kyogo. I’ve safely concluded from watching 1.5 Canadian games at this WC that Johnston will be a great fit for Celtic. He seems very athletic and was up and down that right flank like a bastard. He’s also well able to mix it physically and can play centre back too. And he can actually play football, which I shouldn’t neglect to mention either.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thats an an odd one. He had a more than decent world cup for a team that largely struggled…

1 Like

Postecoglou delivers Celtic Santa response over Tomoki Iwata transfer

Ange Postecoglou delivered a festive response as he was quizzed over a possible transfer for Tomoki Iwata.

The Yokohama F. Marinos midfielder has been linked with a move to Parkhead in recent days with the January window just over a week away.

Iwata would add to Posteocoglou’s midfield options and when quizzed on the J-League star he responded: “We’ll see what Santa brings.”

Celtic have already added two new players to their squad ahead of the window opening in the shape of defenders Alistair Johnston and Yuki Kobayashi.

He’s a 25 year old defensive midfielder. Just been voted J League player of the year.

Yesssss

Very interesting. Think we can write off McCarthy and Ideguchi at this stage. I had my doubts about Abildgaard too, I didn’t get the sense Ange had much faith in him but I don’t know what his story is. He hasn’t been in the squads since the games resumed.

Fishal

2 Likes

Ah lovely. 3 players in before the January window even opens.

Strange interaction.

Fs

Thought he’d go EPL tbh. At least a big league 1 side.

1 Like

Its a dreadful deal that makes little to no sense

2 Likes

@Turenne can we get a detailed scouting report on Hyeon-Gyu Oh at your earliest convenience please.

2 Likes

If you say his name really fast then it sounds like…

…thank you.