Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

Hmm, let me think :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t know tbh. He’s nearly 100 first team appearances in Belgium and is only 21 so he seems to have some pedigree. They definitely needed some youth in midfield, they have the likes of Jack, Davis and Arfield still knocking around and Kamara is out of contract soon afaik.

1 Like

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou is eyeing up another Japanese raid - with Ryotaro Ito on the club’s radar.

The Hoops boss is looking to strengthen the middle to front of areas of his treble-chasing squad this summer. Postecoglou is keen to bring in younger options to his squad and is looking to the Far-east again. Postecoglou’s scouting team are looking at a number of Japanese players again and Ito is one they have looked at. The 25-year-old has played a key role in helping Albirex Niigata return to the J-League.

The midfielder was named as one of the top players in the J2 League last year. Ito has previously been at Urawa Red Diamonds where he won a J League Cup and the AFC Champions League. The Australian has his finger on the pulse in the Japanese market from his time in charge of Yokohama Marinos. Postecoglou is also aware some of his own top talents could be targeted in big-money moves come the break.

Japan has been a goldmine for Postecoglou and it is a market that the Celtic scouts are continuing to look at closely. It has brought them success with the likes of Kyogo Furuhashi, Reo Hatate, Daizen Maeda and more recently Tomoki Iwata and Yuki Kobayashi.

Celtic have also moved further into the Asian markets with striker Oh Hyeon-gyu. The Scottish champions are going to cash in on that in the summer with pre-season tours of Japan and South Korea.

Meanwhile, the Hoops have also been linked with Colombian winger Diego Valoyes at Argentine club Talleres

Looks a good player though you’d be a bit worried that most of his football to date has been played in the Japanese second tier.

I miss GG. Not sure Oh is at the same level he was at, wonder if we’d be better served targeting another striker and sending Oh off on loan to a Championship club where he might get some regular minutes.

AJ has been an upgrade on JJ. I’d be in a similar position on Bernabei as Oh, are we better served loaning him out and seeing him get regular minutes - don’t think he’ll oust Taylor anytime soon and we might need a more reliable backup.

Keeper, centre back, right winger and central midfielder are the priorities.

I’d be binning Turnbull, Abada and Welsh. Ideally Forrest and McCarthy too but we’ll struggle to move them on.

1 Like

32m is the transfer budget

3 players at 10m is better than 8 cheap players now

Celtic have a history of quantity over quality

2 Likes

That would be disappointing in our current position if it includes us moving on a host of fringe players and possibly Abada too.

With another CL bonanza secured for next year we should be well capable of 20-25m net spend if needed. Hatate, Starfelt, Abada, O’Riley are all attracting a lot of interest and there could be up to £50m generated there if sold.

I’m very encouraged at the links with the young Dutch centre back, he looks like the right type of profile we should be targeting.

1 Like

net spend of 30m required

1 Like

Oh is not near GG as yet, but he’s only after moving over so need to give him a chance. GG was a pedigree target man and allowed a complete change of tactics if needed. A muscular, acrobatic, aggressive threat.

1 Like

We miss him. Kyogo is great but we need a really solid alternative to him. If we were without Kyogo for a medium to long term injury or if he’s out of form, I’m not sure I’d trust Oh yet to fill the void. With GG as his backup I would.

1 Like

If we sell them we may throw our hat at it. Hard to replace.

Abada could go. The others I’m not sure we could replace.

Hatate is really the only on there who I think will be hard replace. If we get fees in and around £10m for the others I’d be very confident of replacing them with better options, which is no slight on them either.

Maybe. You’re getting rid of lads who have proven they can handle both the OFG, and the trawlermen from uist on a wet windy night though.

Abada and MOR have more or less lost their guaranteed starter roles now anyway. When Iwata gets a full pre season in I’d expect him to push hard for a starting spot.

I’ve a nasty feeling the huns will be tougher nuts to crack next year.

I can’t see it. They are chasing freebies and gambling on long term contracts to some very dubious players.

I also think Beale is a complete spoofer. If Celtic have their house in order they will win.

Was more disappointed in GG leaving than Juranovic. A quality player who for me didn’t get a fair crack, could definitely have been used more

1 Like

I thought so too. He had a right bit of dog in him as well. Seemed to thrive on the ofg atmosphere.

1 Like