Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

I hope you’re right about Beale, but they lost very few matches under him.

There was a spell there before the WC where Kyogo was out of form and GG was fully fit, yet Ange persisted with Kyogo and GG took the huff.

Very hard done by IMO.

1 Like

They have been significantly bailed out by referees in that time period. They lost the games that mattered. I see no real improvement and they’ve a major rebuild this summer in store.

They’ll be bailed out by referees indefinitely.

2 Likes

Get Bain to fuck

Think he wasnt paid much either

1 Like

Oh was very good tonight tbf.

1 Like

I thought Kobayashi was all at sea again. He took a weird angle to the runner/ball before the first goal. I thought Ralston’s headed clearance from the cross was reasonable but it was a good volley. Bernabei & Oh combined well for the second but, again, Bernabei was pretty erratic in all facets of the game. Oh was more promising. The collapse from 2-1 up when Maeda was sent off was brutal. I guess we suffered from having those new players plus the likes of Forrest & Turnbull all on the pitch together. A lack of organisation & some players lacking fitness/freshness & they got overran. Not helped by some awful mistakes by Ralston & Bain. Loads of others were shite too though. Not sure why Bain is seemingly ahead of Siegrist. Some past & present Celtic players went on to do very well for the club after rocky starts but the jury is very much out on a few of these new players. I’d include Iwata in that too.

There wasn’t much in the penalty against Ralston. The one a few minutes later with Bernabei was far more of a penalty.

The defence was a mess. Giving Bain a 3 year deal is horrific business, up there with the contract we awarded to Forrest.

Turnbull needs to go, he’s not up to it. He just doesn’t have the mobility or ability to move the ball quickly. Iwata looks very bad on the ball when he is pressed. Kobayashi is too lightweight for a centre half in this league. Forrest has been finished for about 5 years now. Abada has chucked it and will be off this summer. Iwata and Kobayashi will stay next season but as you’ve said the jury is out. The rest of that lot need to be ran. Maybe we can use Bain to go out and visit schools or something as God help him but he’s struggle at Highlands League level.

Bernabei is not inspiring confidence, his resort to shooting from range rather than recycling the ball is annoying. He has ability but his defending is poor and his concentration and decision making is very poor.

We need to spend big on a centre half, right winger and midfielder this coming summer.

1 Like

Agree with all of that

1 Like

And we also need a goalkeeper. I forgot about that.

I know people will disagree here but I’m not averse to giving Barkas a second chance. He only really had a season here which was the utterly disastrous Covid season under Lennon. By all accounts he’s done very well over in Holland this season.

1 Like

I have just seen a couple of the goals that Bain fella left in tonight. Definitely need a better back up than him if that’s his level.

I honestly would like a couple of hardened pros, good players already proven. There’ll be a premium, but I think we need them.
Here’s a question. Any other outfield player in Scotland, who would you take?

Jimmy Milner is the man for the job

Maybe the boy Duq at Aberdeen. Think he looks a decent player, at a similar level to Oh I would say.

Disastrous bit of business.

If memory serves was it not a choice between Ajeti and Toney and somehow Lennon picked this fud?

1 Like

More Lawwell in this case really, Toney was a little bit more expensive (couple of million) so Lawwell went with for the expensive carthorse than the modestly priced prize race horse.

I think it’s beyond disgraceful that we have Lawwell back on the board and it can only be worrying following a couple of season’s of progress in his absence.

3 Likes

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/zan-vipotnik-attracts-celtic-transfer-27014476

Zan Vipotnik attracts Celtic transfer interest as highly-rated Maribor striker emerges as Ange Postecoglou target

The 21-year-old has impressed for Maribor and is attracting interest from across Europe

footballscotland

Maribor striker Zan Vipotnik

Celtic are considering a bid for Maribor striker Zan Vipotnik but face competition for the highly-rated 21-year-old.

Vipotnik has impressed for Maribor this season with 19 goals in 32 league games for the Slovenian giants, who didn’t have a season to remember as they finished third and will enter the Europa Conference League. Ange Postecoglou had been looking to add a third striker to his squad over the last year but has continued with two when Oh Hyeon-gyu came in to replace Giorgos Giakoumakis.

And now Football Scotland can exclusively reveal that Vipotnik is on a list of targets and their interest has been registered with his agent but it is still at a very early stage. No official bid has been made yet but it’s understood he would cost Celtic around £3.5million if they were to snap him up over the summer window, with the attacker under contract at Maribor until the summer of 2026.

Vipotnik is interesting a host of other clubs too though because of his impressive form in the Slovenian top flight, which also earned him a call-up to the national team - although Football Scotland can confirm that Rangers are NOT one of those clubs despite rumours elsewhere. Croatian giants Dinamo Zagreb are believed to be one of the sides who are showing strong interest in him too.

He scored the winner on his debut against Kazakhstan in March as Slovenia won 2-1, and became his country’s second youngest ever goalscorer.

And the 21-year-old’s agent, Sasa Zupan, has confirmed to Football Scotland that there is interest in the striker from the Hoops as he said: “Yes, there is interest from Celtic for a summer transfer but there a lot of clubs who want to sign Zan when the window opens.”

Looks a good prospect but might be hard to keep him, Kyogo and Oh happy.

Oh has finished the season very strongly.

1 Like

He’s been on fire over there…

1 Like