Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

He’s not good enough and we literally can’t give him away due to his wages. A disaster

Same for Ajeti next.

Celtic should be demanding top dollar for anyone Ange might be interested in bringing with him.

I’d only probably see 3 at the minute. McGregor is good enough but I think he will stay. Jota, Hatate and Kyogo are the 3 I think he might try going for. I’d put them at £20m, £25m and £25m respectively. We will have a lot of upheave this summer anyway so losing 3 of our best players all under relatively long contracts is not wanted. We are in a very strong financial position too so it should take big money to make these deals happen if our board has any backbone about them.

Only catching up on some content now after leaving Ceist in charge for a few days. There was talk around the Australia tour that Siegrist had a breach of discipline on that trip and was relegated as a result. No idea if it’s true but think the rumour came our before his demotion.

I would agree with those prices in general - think I’d have Jota as highest of the three. The Juranovic and Giakoumakis deals were very low though - not sure if we’re writing low break fees into contracts now or something.

1 Like

I’m torn on this one. For me his performances weren’t up to his initial 6 month burst in 2022, but he did end with the most assists in the league for 2023. Definitely a tidy player but if got offered silly money would accept

1 Like

Has all the ability in the world but just lacks that yard of pace that you need at the highest level

We could be looking at losing Hatate, O’Riley, Kyogo, Jota and Abada this summer.

They are all tied down on fairly long term contracts, Jota has 4/5 years left. Hatate, O’Riley and Abada 3 and Kyogo 2.

I can see Ange in for Kyogo and Hatate definitely. I think Abada and O’Riley will go. I think Jota might stay for one more year.

I’d be valuing them at

Jota/Hatate 25m
Kyogo 20m
O’Riley 15m
Abada 10m

Now of course there could be sell on fees involved and all that and potentially release clauses but we have to play hardball here. If teams want to take our players they to pay what Celtic feel adequately reflects what it will take to part with vital players.

Would Ange be interested in Maeda do we reckon?

1 Like

How many do you reckon he could afford to take with him and hit the ground running at spurs.
What about CCV. Spurs are shoddy out at the back and he surely be an upgrade on some of what’s back there. Also a former spurs man too. He seems very solid for Celtic although probably rarely tested in that league.

Levy is a tough man to deal with when he is selling but is not so great when the shoe is on the other foot.

Can’t see CCV going there solely due to how embarrassing it would be on them having loaned him out for 6/7 years without ever giving him a go.

Levy is difficult to deal with but they spent 60-70 on guys like Richarlison/Ndombele etc so by the English market Hatate and Kyogo are relatively inexpensive and low risk at 20-25m and players the manager knows and wants. Spending 20m on Spence last summer when the manager didn’t even want him.

The reason Kyogo and Hatate are there is because of Ange. Jota and CCV I’m sure stayed and signed deals because Ange was there and what he was building. O’Reilly will definitely go to the premier league if an offer comes in.

The team could be cleared out. There is no way Celtic will turn down decent offers and €15/€20m for a player isn’t a huge amount for premier league clubs to pay now.

DD was willing to give Ange a 30m budget and make improvements to Lennoxtown etc. I think he’ll be fairly pissed off knowing there was discussions in the background for weeks with Spurs when he thought Ange was staying. You’d be hoping he’s that sore he will want a serious Manager to come in and keep the team in place. I would be confident of that if Lawwel wasn’t still knocking about the place.

oh oh oh oh des bukinham oway oway

Is Kyogo any good?

This lad looks very good.

2 Likes

Looks very tasty.

Midfield could have a bit upheaval.

Turnbull in his final year and was too slow for Ange
Rumours of Mooy retiring
Jury out on Iwata
Hatate and O’Riley attracting interest

This looks to being close to done.

Looks an exciting signing. Hatate replacement? Hopefully not.

Yeah I’m more hoping it’s a Turnbull replacement though I think he plays deeper usually.

1 Like

Medical next week :handshake:

1 Like