Celtic Transfer Windows 2022 & 2023

anchorman-great-odins-raven

1 Like

Worth noting that we will likely be without Oh, Kyogo, Hatate and Maeda for a full calendar month in January next season.

Iā€™d say we will definitely be targeting a first team quality striker this window.

1 Like

Jaysisā€¦could we see two decent strikers come in at that rate? One permanent and one on loan? Kyogo and Hatate based on this seasons form will be massive losses.

1 Like

Rodgers went two up top a lot in his first tenure so I think we will definitely be keeping about 4 strikers around the squad. Maeda, Abada could be deemed as such if they stick about.

Thatā€™s why I think the appointment of Rodgers is so shrewd. Anyone thinking of leaving(like Abada) might be tempted by his arrival (big name in the PL despite relegation, proven record at Celtic) to stay another few months and see how things go. If players think heā€™s improving them and increasing their chances of a bigger money move in 12 months then they will stay. If not they can move in January or sign a pre contract elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah although despite being very young and all I think Abada has a lowish ceiling heā€™s already at. Heā€™s not going to get bigger, stronger, quicker and become a great dribbler from here and if we get Ā£10m or so then I think we can definitely upgrade on him.

Abada replacement?

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1671801305424175104?t=yPDUI5a9oJ_GIYbKiMlC7g&s=19

To date none of these lads have made it but youā€™d imagine Doaks will go on to have a decent career.

Hepburn, Adam and Morrisson must be all about 20 or that now?

1 Like

Morrison made the matchday squad I think a few times last year (without being on the bench itself as far as I know)

Ironically Hepburn signed on loan for Queens Park for the season today

I believe celtics new player believes there are only 2 genders

Happy to boycot Celtic until he leaves

Celtic have agreed a fee with Melbourne City to sign Australian star Marco Tilio as Brendan Rodgers ramped up his Parkhead recruitment drive.

Australian sources have confirmed that a deal has been struck for the young striker and the deal is now subject to the 21-year-old agreeing terms and passing his medical. Tilio is set to become Celticā€™s second signing of the summer after new boss Rodgers had also confirmed the signing of young midfielder Odin Thiago Holm from Valerenga. Rodgers wants another striker to battle it out with Kyogo Furuhashi and South Korean Oh Hyeon-gyu to lead the Scottish Premiership champions frontline next term.

Tilio was a wanted man this summer and already has five Australian caps after making his debut last year. The frontman has also been part of three A-League Premiership title wins in recent seasons and was named in the PFA A-League team of the season. He previously came through the ranks of Sydney FC.

https://twitter.com/a1modrj/status/1673413800161148928?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

Iā€™d be gutted to see him go but the money the Saudis are throwing around is savage. Celtic could make a huge return on him and really strengthen in that area.

Abada off so maybe

https://twitter.com/AnthonyRJoseph/status/1674028205680754688?t=ZFtnYIZDpDs7_bIeM7RPaw&s=19

Jota to Saudi apparently

Doesnā€™t appear to be a reputable sourceā€¦at least for now.

Just some Saudi football accounts & then being reported by the Scottish tabloids but linking back to there.