Celtic vs Astana and vice versa ☘ 🍀

Lads, can you let me know about Celtic team news so i can post up a sure fire banker here> Thanks. @Bandage @Nembo_Kid @Rocko @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

No new injury concerns so that means Celtic are without centre backs Boyata and Sviatchenko and main striker Dembélé. With Toure departed/retired and no new centre back signed that means the place alongside Simunovic will go to promising youngster Ajer or stand in / usual midfielder Bitton. The latter will probably get the nod for his experience.

New signing Olivier Ntcham will probably start in midfield ahead of contract rebel Stuart Armstrong, especially after Ntcham scored the winner in the derby on Friday night and Armstrong’s cameo off the bench was like Armstrong under Deila rather than the player who had a cracking October to May under Rodgers last season. Rodgers had a go at his agents yesterday and said his form is being adversely affected by the contract shenanigans.

Griffiths has been injured a bit in pre and early season but is fit to start. This is good as we’ve been a bit ineffective playing without a recognised striker in some games. The only other real team selection decision is whether McGregor will hold off Rogic for the advanced central midfielder slot. McGregor has started the season in better form up until an average enough display on Friday but I’d say he’ll be retained.

It should be something like:

Gordon;
Lustig, Bitton, Simunovic, Tierney;
Brown, Ntcham;
Forrest, McGregor, Sinclair;
Griffiths.

Sinclair has a few goals this season but has missed some sitters. He’s getting into great positions in every game and I reckon he’ll score tonight.

^^^

A shocking post.

1 Like

I think that will be the team alright.

Various media outlets (Record, Sun) are now reporting that he’ll be signing a new deal this week. We’ve heard that before though.

I forgot to mention Eboue Kouassi earlier. I haven’t seen any confirmation from the club about his injury status since he was stretchered off last midweek. But some online fan sites are reporting he’ll be out for 2 months.

There were direct quotes from Rodgers saying that Boyata doesn’t need an operation and will be back soonish but Kouassi has the same injury Rogic had and will need surgery so 7 weeks or so.

Looks slightly lightweight for the first half for me. I’d say they’ll struggle with The Astanians in the first half and the Astanians will go in 1-0 up at half time before Brendan gets them all to see the helicopter view before their improved movement, a baaying crowd and some yellow cards see Celtic regain the initiativee with a 2/3-1 win

Astana to be 1-0 up at half time and Celtic to win 2-1 @45-1
Astana to be 1-0 up at half time and Celtic to win 3-1 @125-1

1 Like

Rogic starts.

Joanne Cantwell in for Darragh Maloney.

Hayes must be injured. Not much attacking threat on the bench.

Beglin and Hamilton on commentary duties.

Guys, I picked out Twumasi as the main threat last year and the same applies this season it seems.

Joanne just smacked down that wanker Richie Sadlier.

1 Like

And again!

Sadlier: “It was great to hear that Scott Hogan is enthusiastic about playing for Ireland.”

Cantwell: “Well he’s hardly going to say he’s not.”

Joanne has done her research. Excellent performance so far.

I’m expecting a big game from Forrest today.

BT Sport for me guys.

Richie goes for a score draw.