Champions League Matchday 2 : 27-28 September 2011

Being reported on the tweet machine that Tevez has refused to come on. Oh my.

I’d be fairly certain that’s just people concluding based on what Sky were saying and they just blindly guessed that. He may just have been (understandably) pissed off at the odd substitution decision.

Bayern a whisker away from a third there - good save from Hart.

Yea, figuring as much myself, but Pablo’s involvement and the lack of a Tevez on the pitch would lend some credence to it as rumours go. Hart has been very very good tonight.

http://www.balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2011-09-27_1619.png

They always score…

Young Saves the day

Center half dropped back just before the cross and played them both on.

How has Xhaka played for Basle tonight? Was impressed by him in the U-21 European Championship.

The Argentinian lads with Irish surnames - are they beyond grandparents for ancestry usually? A lad called Gustavo Colman scored for Trabzonspor today. An Argentinian-schooled midfielder could be a great acquisition for Trap.

I note he’s listed on Wiki as being of Irish descent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Argentine_people_of_Irish_descent

Trying to remember the last time United were that poor at home. Struggling. The defending was farcical for the entire game. Lucky not to concede first half. Started giving the ball away all over the pitch then. Evra’s decision to give up defending for the second goal was probably the low point. Berbatov was some tard to fire that last one into the side netting too. Fire it across goals you cunt. You had a man at the back post.

Mancini confirming that Tevez refused to come on.

What price were Utd trading at whilst 2-0 up i wonder? Must have been 1/250 or something…

Usual suspects were poor again for Utd. Evra has continued his awful form of last season into this one, needs to improve or be dropped very soon, Young saving his blushes on numerous occassions again tonight. Carrick again very ordinary, passing poor, doesn’t cover in front of the back four very well. Anderson looked ok with the ball, didn’t compete hard enough to win the ball back though. Utd’s failure to strengthen the midfield in the summer will cost them as the season progresses. If they struggle against Basle how can they expect to compete against Barca?

Evra would want to be ashamed of the way he lead the team tonight. Didnt seem to want to defend at all. Basel should have won it. Youngy bailed out United with a critical goal as defeat would have left them 5 behind Basel. Ferguson would want to realise quick that you rest players when you get through and not at the start of the group stages.

An awful shame that things seem to have gone pear shaped between Carlitos and Man City.

There you go Dunph - not that hard to read a couple of posts up is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Surely a breach of contract there. Player should
be sued and fired. A horrible cunt of a man.

Delighted for Ashley Young. Finally getting the stage his talents deserve and thriving on it as I always said he would. Alexander Frei is always a player I admired. Always seemed to have a stormer v Ireland. Banged in a couple tonight too.

I’d be pissed too if de Jong went on in front of me. Doesnt make it right for our beloved Carlitos to react like that though. Time to move him on now.

[quote=“KIB man, post: 624685”]
Surely a breach of contract there. Player should
be sued and fired. A horrible cunt of a man.[/quote]

They’ll do well to get a transfer fee for a player they’ve fired though.

That’s funny - I’ve no reason to doubt you but it would be slightly more credible if you hadn’t argued quite the opposite recently when it suited you to have a cut at Robbie Keane in the process!

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/topic/13518-january-transfer-window-2011/page__st__160__p__449020#entry449020

Thriving = getting the run around from a Stoke journeyman right back?