Champions League Qualifiers 2018 /2019

Chance for Rosenberg but we’ve been an awful lot better and look just as likely to score.

Christie for Edouard. Hmmmmm

Corpus Christie?

PAOK are coming thru the league route whilst AEK are coming thru the champions route- same for Basle who are league and Young Boys who are in the champions route
however both AEK and Young Boys enter at the third qualifying round so despite greece and switzerland having two slots neither have a side in the group stages,

scenes

Vidi or Videoton have beaten the Brazilian ensemble aka Ludagorets Razgard 1-0 on the night and 1-0 on aggregrate

1 Like

Comfortable second half in the end.

professional enough second 45 from Celtic tbf, closed that out very well from what i saw

Astana 0-0 away to get through too. That’s a very good result for them.

if Dundalk get over AEK Larnaca they face Sturm Graz so
Cork City will do fk all v Roseburg id say if JC goes out all cautious again

FYI all the AEKs are clubs with strong macedonian origions as in Macedonia in Greece and not the FYR macedonia

1 Like

Celtic were pretty good in the second half and saw that out comfortably. Controlled the game very well from 45th-75th minute.

Well done Bhoys.

AEK will be a very tough tie.

They have Boye and Ponce up front who are on loan from Torino and Roma respectively.

1 Like

Dembélé is out of the two legs against AEK.

Griffiths is back training and will be available for the squad for those games though Rodgers seemed to have a little question mark over whether he’s in great shape.

Not sure we’ll be risking Edouard against Livingston if we don’t have any other available striker.

Big blow with Dembele, he’s had a lot of niggly injuries over the past 18 months which have impacted his form.

He was excellent at the end of the season when he got fully fit again. Thank fuck for Edouard

@Rocko and all the forum jockos
FYI

2 Likes

the 2 league route ties incoming,

best i can do

AEK Athens will be tough but, if Celtic beat them, them Malmo or Vidi was probably the best of the four options.

Young Boys of Berne won the Swiss league from Basel by 15 points last season. Red Star Belgrade beat FC Koln home and away last season and drew with Arsenal. BATE would be tricky enough and Qarabag gave us a tough game a couple of seasons ago.

Malmo knocked us out under Deila in 2015, I think. Celtic conceded in injury time at home to win 3-2 after being dominant and then lost feebly in Sweden.

I think Ntcham is okay for the home game against AEK Athens on Wednesday (cc @Rocko).

1 Like

FAO of @Rocko

Dundalk’s two wins and single draw from their four Europa League qualifying matches this season has seen their coefficient rise to a healthy seven.

This would all but guarantee seeding in the first qualifying round of the Champions League next time out if they are to win the league this year

3 Likes

Not a good night for home teams.

Astana were beaten 0-2 at home by Dinamo Zagreb. Qarabag also beaten at home by BATE Borisov.

Benfica look like they’ll win at home to Fenerbahce but all the other games were score draws.