Champions League - Round of 16

Songā€™s booking was a factor there. Two fouls since so he couldnā€™t afford to lay a hand on Messi. Lovely weighted pass and a neat finish.

Hamilton was saying earlier for the Messi chance that he was the one player on the pitch youā€™d most expect to score it. While heā€™s a magnificent footballer and easily the best in the world at the moment IMO, I donā€™t think heā€™s as good a finisher as Villa for example. Heā€™s a more inventive finisher but not as unerring.

Barcelona really on top now, though that was a great chance that Abidal rescued and now Van Persie has just blazed wide. Super game.

Ah shite, double deflection and itā€™s 1-1 almost immediately.

Barca could have had four or five already. Arsenal could have had one or two also. Hamilton sounds gutted on RTE.

How is Song not off yet? Right dirty cunt he is

that barca goal was coming. Alves is getting heaps of room on the right and they have had a few slide rule passes through the middle just miss out on a goal.

arsenal have had a couple of chances on the break, but thats about it. theyy cant keep posession and arent making much inroads other than hitting the break.

Song will surely be taken off at half time, and if not, he will be sent off. giving away an unreal amount of fouls at this stage.

I see mention of Alves running riot from the lads watching the other game. That was one thing I disagreed with ZM on - Nasri doesnā€™t track back well at all, as far as I can see. Not sure if heā€™s working back tonight though.

hes not, at all. clichy is in all sorts of bother as a result. someone must have got onto Nasri about it, because he then gave away a real petulant free and stamped on Iniesta I think it was, and got a yellow card.

2-1 :angry:

Great goal.

Sensational goal by Douglas Costa and he has that in his locker to be fair. What a goal. Great break too and not just the sublime finish.

didnt think that was offside. think messi was behind the ball

Barca have completed 306 passes from 330 so far. Arsenal are 115 from 140.

Top Barca passer is Xavi with 54 from 57. Arsenalā€™s most involved passer is Wilshere with 18 from 18.

Taddei has been woeful.

Shit.

but how would they do on a cold windy night in Blackpool?

3-1.

Fuck you Riise. :angry:

Was just to post that we needed to keep our composure and not do anything silly. Vucinic had just gone close after a great move too. What a complete giveaway.

Going to need a mammoth second half tonight. Can see Ranieri going if Roma donā€™t improve tonight.

Whereā€™d you get that from rocko?

Doesnā€™t look good for Arsenal. The scoreline is a positive given how that half turned out.

Shakhtar were still playing an open game right up to half time. Youā€™d expect to create chances against them although their coach might tighten things up for the second half. Equally Iā€™d fear for us on the break if we go gung ho - theyā€™ve got quality and pace on the counter, as the second goal showed. They nearly got in again just before half time when Doni rushed out to no manā€™s land. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d change in terms of personnel and/or tactics - any thoughts? We were 2-0 down to Bayern Munich in November and came back to win 3-2; we need a draw at least here.

Viera and Southgate marginally less annoying than Ray Houghton.