Cheltenham: the greatest 4 days in sport

Think of the pints getting spilled in them high winds.

This is pure cock piss of the highest order. I think I’ll cause myself an injury to avoid work over the next week

What’s the story on bets then Shan/Flano? Do they just carry them over? Don’t mind too much, but some of my selections were based on ground which high winds will surely dry out? PaddydeP likes softish ground I hearand that’s why he was in my daily Yankee but then again Majestic Concorde, my long term tip, will like it drier so c’est la vie I suppose.
It’ll be some piss up inCheltenham today I’d say, not to mention the mayhem at the stables with horses staying extra days, etc…

Im not sure as Im not in work yet but Flano is and he is in crisis mode. :rolleyes:

Is the new job affording you time off the monkeywork then Shan?

Ah im starting at 12 today but in till 8. Its not ideal as Id rather be in work now.

Yeah the bets carry over alright. The problem is the event set-up i.e the 2.35 scheduled for today will be available tomorrow with a diffrent race time.

[quote=“Juhniallio”]What’s the story on bets then Shan/Flano? Do they just carry them over? Don’t mind too much, but some of my selections were based on ground which high winds will surely dry out? PaddydeP likes softish ground I hearand that’s why he was in my daily Yankee but then again Majestic Concorde, my long term tip, will like it drier so c’est la vie I suppose.
It’ll be some piss up inCheltenham today I’d say, not to mention the mayhem at the stables with horses staying extra days, etc…[/quote]

all bets carry over…races to be run on old course tomorrow with the new course for friday…pretty decent card tomorow now with the sun alliance ryanair queen mother and world hurdle just sickened i wasted a half day…

Another thing. I still havent got an anser as to why my original Cheltenham thread was moved to the talking balls thread. I’ll unleash war on this forum if I dont get an answer

Cause you and Ben were doing the messin.

I know what you are saying Flano. There could be two events. Any bets that are taken today could be for the rescheduled race tomorrow or Friday. Im sure that the races are suspened at the moment though.

Why would the races be suspended? They’d be missing out on revenue by doing that. There’s no reason why they should be suspended now since they’ve announced the revised times.

If I’d moved it I’d answer ya but I didn’t. Anyway at a guess I’d say it was because of the Ball Ox references and the fact that it was balls. But you should be enjoying the freedom of the Talking Balls section instead of wondering why you’re there.

Grand I referenced Ball, but there was a whole thread set up about him by you Rock. Secondly as I already said my original thread was set up to ask peoples opinions on why they think Cheltenham seems to generate such a big buzz with people who wouldn’t have a clue if you said the words “odds on favourite” too

Would it make you feel better if I overruled Bandage and moved it back?

They would have been at the time though. I know they are back up now. The shops wouldnt have been opened though so it shouldnt cause as much hassle for you as it could have.

Nice to see Flano, that on a day when I’m sure the shit hit the fan in your work, your main concern is the forum…

Funnily enough I’m not being impacted too much. I have Friday off so Im avoiding most of the madness. It’s actually Friday and Saturday that will be the worst days for my department.

As regards my original post I was just a bit miffed at the fact no one would get to see and answer my question. Ben was the one who hijacked it anyway.

I moved it because after the initial thread starting post about Cheltenham it more or less straight away turned into a talking balls thread about doing shits on each other and stuff. It’s pretty much like any of the previous stuff that was moved there in that regard, hence my failure to directly answer your previous post and the fact I believe you know very well why it was moved anyway.

It was hijacked Bandage. Not my fault. Anyway theres a whole thread about taking shits. Where does that belong?