City Breaks

Glad to give you the all important 10th like there @TreatyStones buddy.
Nice quip.

Heading to Ghent in Belgium this weekend for a stag. Going to get fucking destroyed.

Thought Lisbon nightlife was shit when I was there about 5 years ago

Very nice spot. It wouldn’t be severely lively mind but it’s so obscure no-one will know ye. There’s a red light district there. Just saying.

Cheers Smark. It is a university town and the city centre is rammed with pubs so looks ideal for what we want. Didn’t want to go anywhere full of paddies or brits.

Yeah good idea. No scumbag brits and the likes there. The beer is top notch there. Really is a nice place and better than Brussels which is a dirty shit hole full of stags and you could also get shot there.

1 Like

Anything worthwhile to do other than drink? Not wasting time with stupid brewery tours etc.

I was only there for a day and night on my own so wouldn’t have the best advice. Just rock up to the main part of town and soak it in. Its seriously impressive visually with the old Gothic architecture everywhere. Very chilled out vibe. There’s a big art scene there but I was not interested on seeing any of this.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Lisbon gets a big thumbs up from me, a cracking city

7 Likes

Good stuff. Always liked the look of it. I’ll put it on my to do list. I had heard it was boring.

Depends what you want to do on a city break, i was mainly interested in smooching and handholding with my life partner which it was great for. Very easy to get around with an excellent metro service and the old town is beautiful to ramble around

1 Like

Did you bend the knee?

no, I am not one of those sheeple who would you a gimmick like a weekend away or a time of the year (Christmas, New years, Valentines etc) to propose.

Did you hotel or Airbnb or what? There’s a cracking line up for a music festival on there the summer which I’m planning to go to.

Tell us about the custard.

The custard tarts were all they were made out to be. Exquisite

See

The cherry brandy?

I didn’t have any but had numerous glasses of port, both red and white which were top class

1 Like

what was the grub like pal?