Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Feakle will test their backs in a much different fashion alright

SHC Semi-finals

Winners of Feakle/Éire Óg vs Sixmilebridge
Ballyea vs The Mills

1 Like

They had to keep Bridge/Magpies B apart

Be a good final.

Have they played each other much in the last few years S/m & Ballyea?

I don’t think Ballyea played the Bridge in any of their winning years

1 Like

Hopefully someone can soften the bridge. They are a solid outfit but that is all they are, granted there is no Munster this year but they are never likely kick on and win anything outside of Clare. Ballyea have bags of doggedness and a bit of star power and athleticism which means they can live with anyone.

The Mills are a solid team with some nice stylish forwards in a Crehan and Gary Cooney but are a small bit on the light side.

I thought ballyea looked a huge team last Saturday evening but that’s possibly partly to fo with kilmaley being small

They are big all over the field but are athletic with it. They also seem a very tight knit side and a lot of honest hurlers who just go out and are willing to do the unglamorous stuff and grind teams down.

Indeed a load of grafters.

The likes of Brian Carrig and James Murphy are lads who should have gotten county call ups. Neither are probably up to senior championship hurling but their attitudes and physicality would be a huge asset even for training and in house matches. Nothing easy got off those two.

1 Like

Is Brian related to Seanie Carrig @Special_Olympiakos?

The shop? I don’t know

Same man yeah, I was thinking more of the hardiness angle though

1 Like

Nearly sure Brian was in with the footballers for a decent spell

Well he’s definitely the Clonegad area which was always football club. Played senior for Clare around turn of decade I’d say. He played junior football IC up to few years ago afaik

The majority of that ballyea team have played either senior football or hurling intercounty.

Gary Brennan injured playing football today.

https://vimeo.com/event/260467/embed

Cratloe vs Miltown Malbay link

William Sheehan in for Cratloe as they take a 1 point lead into the last six +

That’s like a poor attempt at a ringer