Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Caherlohan is coming on a bit

1 Like

Has this been happening for a few years?

Outlined elsewhere but this doing the rounds

@kerry1891 might know

The Clare Times seems a noble publication, must be true

3 Likes

Much a do about nothing likely , maybe an over zealous contract tracer asked the wexican players who they were marking.

Kildare 0-7 Clare 0-4

Struggling to break down the Kildare defence but well in it. Think we have some bit of a breeze second half

Clare 1-8 Kildare 0-10

Fortunate goal but we should have had 1-2 on the board in the five minutes after halftime. Delicately poised

Ye’ll bate Kildare, flaky as fuck.

True enough

Clare 1-13
Kildare 0-13

FT?

Fuck Kildare

1 Like

Fair fucks to the Kildare crowd for hoisting up the Tipp flag in honour of their guests today. :rofl:

2 Likes

That was an enjoyable second half performance. Thought we would be well beaten early on but we weathered it and retained the ball instead of letting them get a 6 or 7 point lead.

They were well organized defensively in the first half but we weren’t coughing up the ball cheaply, and we didn’t get caught for scores when we did turn it over. There was a nothing free given against Sean Collins and I thought Russell was fouled coming out another time when they scored. Could just as easily have been within two at the break.
Wind picked up in the second half but we made better use of the ball, and the backs were very good again. Cillian Brennan was excellent again, Cian and Dan Walsh likewise. Bohannan is improving away as well out around the middle; and nice bit of competition for spots up front. Jamie Malone and Conor Jordan to come back into yet as well too.

2 Likes

Did Jamie Malone hurl or am I mixing him up with someone else?

He’d have hurled with Corofin alright, intermediate mostly

I’ve him mixed up so. Fella I’m thinking of played with Cratloe, I think.

Maybe you’re thinking of Liam Markham? He’d have played hurling and football with Clare.

Nah, the lad I’m thinking of is also called Jamie. I know Liam Markham alright.