Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

If they’re trying to get back up along with the other three senior teams they’ll have a serious job on their hands. Barefield will surely make the jump next year.

1 Like

Dalo is supposedly taking over for 2022 as well.

Dalo confirmed yesterday by Maggies I see.

Is that yourman from Doonbeg? Donald J Trump? Make Clare Hurling great again

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s a big add. Munster will be a bear pit

Build a wall around West Clare. Keep Football Out!!!

1 Like

I’d be relatively pessimistic about Clare’s chances this year. Conlon and O’Donnell will miss most of the league and Kelly and Aidan McCarthy will miss the whole thing. They are four lads we need fit and in form but there is a very short run in from the league to Championship now starting in April. Expecting Kelly and Aidan McCarthy to be up to full speed with maybe a month of training behind them is a very big ask.

We would need Duggan, David McInerney and Colm Galvin to find a run of form which none have shown in a number of years - again it is a big ask.

Plenty of younger lads will see league action which is good in one sense and will stand to the panels depth in the medium term but this year has the feel of 2019 about it all over. We spent that league blooding a lot of lads yet none were up to Championship hurling that summer and we had to go back to the more experienced lads with the hope they might find form and we ended up taking two bad beatings come championship.

It’s not to say that Clare can’t have a decent year and Lohan has shown an ability to improve lads but realistically we will need to develop a new attacking edge and find a couple of lads to shore us up at the back but I think the margin for error is small this year due to the injuries and shortened season.

4 Likes

I saw Diarmuid Ryan over the Xmas. Barely recognised him, he’s fucking huge! Amazing to see what a couple years in the the senior setup can do to morph the physique entirely.

He’s going to be well equipped for the year.

SH Team
E Quilligan

R Hayes
C Cleary
P Flanagan

D Ryan
J McCarthy
D McInerney

J Browne
P Donnellan

C Malone
D Reidy
S Golden

M Rodgers
A Shanagher
G Cooney

Yes, he is bigger than Conor was now at this stage. Rogers will be a different animal this year too

Is Darragh the managers son?

Nephew

A lad who I think has an outside shot of making the team as a spoiler/man marking corner back

Douglas Hurley is going to lead Corofin to history this weekend.

Clare V Limerick in the Munster League final will be in Ennis at 2pm Sunday

My sauces tell me Galvin has packed it in … Or has had it packed in for him.

2 Likes

Chef or YR?

2 Likes