Clare Gaa ๐Ÿ Thread mark II

First cousins

Cousins.

Fred is the son of Fergal Hegarty

Clare could do 2-in-a-row Minor Championships so, be a serious springboard for them

If we win tonight weโ€™d be happy enough for a start. Good Tipp team though

I would be happy with them getting quality games and giving good performances. A munster or A/I while it would be nice, as long as they are competitive and get 3 to 5 relatively high quality games from this point then it will bring them on a tonne.

1 Like

Whatโ€™s the current system? Team that loses Provincial Final, what happens with them?

Loser goes into round robin of sorts with Galway and losers of Laois/Offaly. Not sure if all teams play each other or whether it is Galway v Clare/Tipp with loser playing Offaly/Laois.

Two sides then join provincial winners in A/I semi final

Many of that panel win a Harty with Tulla or an All Ireland with ASR?

The Tulla team was fairly old for Harty, most of them leaving certs and 18 or 19.

A few of them are in ASR but would have been subs on the Harty like Stritch and McMahon but starters for the Dean Ryan team from what I remember. A good number of them would have started on the Flannans Dean Ryan team which beat ASR in the final

1 Like

Are you looking at 5 or 6 starters there still underage for next year?

Limerick only had 2 I think

At a guess 1,2,5,6,9 and 13 are all under 16s and I am nearly sure Stritch is under 16 as well. Could well be more

Fucking hell thatโ€™s fairly unreal if true. That Clare team struck be as being overtly solid and mature for a minor team.

1 Like

Minor match live on tg4 YouTube channel. Galway have a giant of a man at centre forward

1 Like

Niland strokes one over from the sideline to give Galway a 2 point lead

Niland with another beauty from play. Burke the big centre forward with the other. 4 zip after 10, Galway with a stiff breeze with them

1 Like

Niland now with a pointed sideline off his left from 14 yards out on the left sideline

14 to 6 at half time. Galway hit the first 7 points but then Clare settled and had it back to 11 to 6 after 25 minutes and looked to have a bit of momentum, then proceeded to hit two wides and then gift Galway three points from very sloppy play - same player central to the concession of all three.

A bad start and missed frees/poor wides have us under serious pressure even with the wind to come

A real hangover from the Munster final in this performance. Just unforced error after unforced error. Performance a long way below anything they produced in Munster.

Galway a fine side and duly punishing them. 19 to 7 with 20 left

Yup. Best way of describing it