Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Did Lohan make any effort for Podge or is he just a non runner at that level anymore?

I’d say both knew he wasn’t going to have an impact

Hard to credit how quickly his star waned.

Lot of miles on the clock between club and county, and he probably peaked at just the right time hurling-wise

1 Like

An ACL in the mix also…

Not quite, podge was on the panel pre Covid but Lohan didn’t particularly fancy him. The odd time he featured he was the 4th forward introduced off the bench,

Supposedly when they met back up after covid, podge had it in his head that he was a nailed on starter. A tough conversation was had and he was told where he stood, he left the panel shortly after.

What do you mean significantly?

Pierse Lillis would be a decent addition to the hurling panel but doubt he would be good enough to start but his athleticism and hard running would give him a chance. A very effective club hurler.

1 Like

Lohan is in Cratloe parish a long time isn’t he? I don’t know how well Podge knows him, but I can’t imagine he’d be assuming anything like that

Oh yeah sure he hurls with Ballyea doesn’t he? Clare’s achievements are even more impressive considering they lost Gary Brennan to retirement a few years ago as well.

Cummins is a blithering halfwit. Dis and dat.

He does.

Ballyea have a few of the 2016 team back this year. They will go close to retaining the Canon

Gudgie?

Gudgie, Cathal Doohan and I was told another name a few weeks back which now escapes me

1 Like

Gudgie is a big addition, TK back again. They’ll be hard bet.

They’ll surely walk it considering they won it without TK?

It’s a tight enough championship. They won it on experience as Eire Og shat the bed and Inamona had Aidan Mc and David Fitz playing on one leg come the latter stages of the championship and will go very close this year if those two are healthy - they are a fairly young side who will be richer for the experience of last year.

3 Likes

The Munster Club could be something else this year especially if Na Piarsaigh get their act together again.

Ballyea, Ballygunner, Na Piarsaigh and I think Borrisileigh might win Tipp.

Proper heavyweight clubs.

Fancy Na Pairsaigh to go a long way. Peter Casey back and rested. David Dempsey just with the club. Should be very strong.

Good to see a lot of the non starting senior panel released to tog for their clubs today. Shanagher ran riot for Wolfe Tones while Aidan Mc hit 7 points after coming in as a half time sun for Inamona. Rory Hayes also togged for Wolfe tones

3 Likes