Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Bad injury for Jason McCarthy here.

Éire Óg going into the dressing room now 15 mins later.

This won’t be resumed for a while

Mark Rodgers scored 4-12 as Scariff beat Smith O’ Briens 4-22 to 0-09.

Smith O’Briens down Intermediate for 2023

:cry:

4-3 from play and I assume it was Cian Nolan marking him

1 Like

What’s the story in Clare senior now?

Éire Óg, Ballyea, Cratloe & the Bridge? Who did the Bridge beat this weekend?

Tones

1 Like

Who are the favourites from here? Ballyea because of their pedigree? Probably one of the more even Championships recently?

The Bridge have won five in the last decade and Ballyea three, yet I’d say neither Eire Og or Cratloe would have any fear of them. I’d always think the later it gets in the year the harder Ballyea are to beat, they have that hard-boned physical edge to go with their more fluid hurlers.

An intermediate side.

Eire og are the best team I think.

The four teams left have obvious kryptonite, the draw will have a big bearing on who will be crowned. None will threaten the Munster club

Ballyea have three

1 Like

When did Éire Óg last win a county?

Mid/early 90’s I think. They are a living, breathing joker card. Have probably thrown away a couple of titles the last few seasons with one point losses in tight games.

They’ve done some brainless things down the stretch in tight games in recent years, but the football win last year might have put it up to them in a good way

SHC
Éire Óg Ennis 2-21
Inagh-Kilnamona 0-16

Ballyea 2-21
Clooney Quin 0-18

Sixmilebridge 3-22
Wolfe Tones Shannon 0-18

Cratloe 2-23
Newmarket on Fergus 2-16

Relegation Playoffs
Clarecastle 0-28
Whitegate 1-21

Scariff 4-22
Smith O’Briens 0-9

IHC
St Joseph’s Doora Barefield 2-21
O’Gonnelloe 1-7

Sixmilebridge 1-20
Newmarket on Fergus 1-11

Tulla 1-19
Parteen 1-16

Corofin 1-20
Tubber 2-9

1 Like

Tubber’s defeat must be the shock of the weekend, most had them as Barefield’s biggest challengers for the inter

I saw them play a challenge against Ballybrown a couple of weeks ago and I hope for their sake they were missing a lot of fellas that day because they were genuinely awful.

We played Corofin and they looked very lively that day, a lot of young, pacy attackers who can score.

I obviously realise you can’t read too much into challenges but Tubber didn’t seem to have anything up front.

Both Parteen and meelick gaa clubs have voted in favour of merging into the one club this evening.

2 Likes

Sensible move, although Parteen have had their house in order with a while